Talk

Advanced search

Summer trousers for a pear shape? What style?

(4 Posts)
Starduke Mon 15-May-17 09:22:29

I would like some summer trousers but I look ridiculous in cut-off trousers and wide linen-type trousers.

Would 7/8 trousers look ok?

Any other ideas? I'm a 10 on top and a 12 on the bottom.

Thanks

silkpyjamasallday Mon 15-May-17 10:34:27

I'm no longer really pear shaped thanks to bf boobs, but I actually found wife leg trousers with a mid to high rise waist really flattering, it's about getting the height of the waistline that draws the eye to the narrowest part of the waist and then voluminous legs skim over hips and thighs giving the illusion of longer slimmer legs. 7/8th jeans or trousers could work, but again get a higher rise pair so that the horizontal line isn't cutting across your widest point.

bojorojo Mon 15-May-17 10:55:56

I was going to say cigarette pants. Tapered but cut to the ankle. 7/8 tend to be cut off for me, but I am tall.

Floisme Mon 15-May-17 12:21:40

If you take fashion out of the equation then the best shape for me is probably a gentle wide leg that just skims my thighs. If I was truly stylish, I'd wear them all the time but I'm shallow and vacuous so I've been wearing cigarette shape but in all honesty, they're not my best look although I do like the 7/8s length (decent ankles).

I also really like those mannish, Annie Hall-esque trousers that bypass arse and thighs altogether so very pleased to see them back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now