Talk

Advanced search

Essence from Wilkos

(15 Posts)
MrsSeptember Mon 15-May-17 07:59:35

A few people here recommended the mascara and I bought the waterproof volume one. It's amazing, it's better than my revlon one and it was around £2!!!

What else is worth trying from the brand?

KnockedOutByMyNungaNungas Mon 15-May-17 08:05:16

I like their eyeshadow and the concealer is very high coverage!

elephantcuddles Mon 15-May-17 08:32:57

I like their blush and lip liner. They have the most beautiful shade of apricot blush with just enough sheen. What's the mascara called? I'm going to check it out.

Lottapianos Mon 15-May-17 08:40:37

Their lip liners and matte lipsticks are fab - creamy and non drying

PeachMelba78 Mon 15-May-17 11:31:12

Their primer is really good. I will try the other products mentioned above, good thread!

Youremywifenow Mon 15-May-17 12:00:12

I bought some of the gel nail polish yesterday as replacement for the OPi colour I always wear but can't find anymore, have been trying to find an equivalent colour for ages.
It's brilliant and the colour is gorgeous (no. 48 my love diary in case anyone's interested). Can't believe it's only £1.49.

Spam88 Mon 15-May-17 12:02:06

I like their lipsticks and liners, and they do some good nail polish.

MiriAmmerman Mon 15-May-17 12:17:38

It's not the Essence brand but it is Wilko's own - Kiss primer:

http://www.wilko.com/facial-moisturisers/kiss-light-reflecting-facial-primer-30ml/invt/0348561

It's amazing. I've posted about it on 'cheapo yet brilliant' type threads before. It's very similar to -- and as good as-- Smashbox (the ordinary one, not the oil free). They don't always have it in our local Wilko; when I see it I buy at least 3! Live in fear of it being discontinued.

I quite fancy trying an Essence concealer.

AvoidingCallenetics Mon 15-May-17 12:48:25

Their lip sheens are lovely. I have what looks like a deep red lipstick in the tube, but goes on as a sheer moisturising sheen. It cost practically nothing.

PeachMelba78 Mon 15-May-17 16:25:12

Miri - I do the same! That's the primer I was talking about and I regularly buy 4 as I am so worried they won't have it next time I go in!

EmmaWoodlouse Mon 15-May-17 16:29:15

I'm on my second twist-up eyeliner in Lucky Lead (sort of a very dark brownish grey - I don't like pure black eyeliner on me) and I like the nail varnishes too.

KeiraKnightleyActsWithHerTeeth Mon 15-May-17 16:52:09

I agree the eyeliner is very good.

MackerelOfFact Mon 15-May-17 17:09:58

It's not makeup, but the Fruits range of toiletries is excellent - lemon and black pepper smells much more high-end than the 90p price tag suggests!

Bloomed Mon 15-May-17 17:11:36

Will check this out but keira your name has absolutely made my day

MrsSeptember Mon 15-May-17 19:27:35

Ah brilliant! I'm adding it all to my list blush

elephantcuddles I think it's xxl volume waterproof. It's in a fat blue tube. It's really lengthening. It's not too wet and not too dry. I was so impressed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now