Talk

Advanced search

LVL Lashes?

(13 Posts)
needachangeq Mon 15-May-17 07:12:09

Has anyone had LVL lashes? If so, what did you think?
Im considering getting them!

Shortandsweet20 Mon 15-May-17 07:25:39

They are amazing! I absolutely love it and it's made me like my eyelashes! I would recommend to anyone! For the first few weeks I don't need to wear anything but then as the tint fades I tend to put mascara on but they are naturally lifted so no need to worry about curling them! Lasts me about 8-10 weeks!

Truckingalong Mon 15-May-17 07:29:24

I was underwhelmed. I think if you have good lashes to start with, the results are great but mine are pretty weedy and so it just looked a bit meh really.

Scribblegirl Mon 15-May-17 07:35:16

I've had them twice, by two different beauticians... the first ones were amazing - I had them done just before a holiday and it was like wearing mascara when I was makeup free (and super dramatic if I put mascara on top!). Unfortunately second time they really did look as good as before sad I'm pretty sure it was just the beautician that made the difference so I'm planning on waiting until I can see the first one again before I get them done.

MooMinCow Mon 15-May-17 08:11:42

I've had it done a few times. My lashes are long and dark but poker straight and don't hold a curl at all. It makes an amazing difference! But I do think you need longish lashes to notice.

Only once did I have a treatment that I wasn't pleased with. I think the solution weren't 'fresh' so the lift didn't take, but the salon re-did them for me free the following week.

You do need someone who knows what they're doing though as the therapist needs to select the right size form to lift your lashes to. I usually have the medium sized one

elephantcuddles Mon 15-May-17 08:31:17

I'm also interested in this, but my eyes are quite sensitive. Does it sting or burn during the process? I'm a little nervous about having the chemicals so close to my eyes.

Also, did your lashes feel dry or anything afterwards? I've heard of lashes being dry similar in the way hair is dry after a perm.

HeyMacWey Mon 15-May-17 09:10:33

I have it done and love it. My lashes are poker straight and even with eyelash curlers don't hold a curl for long.

I look so much more awake with the lvl and my lashes are particularly long.

No stinging or burning. My eyes water a little towards the end but think that's just from the faffing around with my eyes.

No need for mascara - just a quick brush through to keep them in order.

FortyFacedFuckers Mon 15-May-17 09:13:16

I love them, I used to always have the semi permanent lashes but now I have converted to the LVL it's fantastic.

MooMinCow Mon 15-May-17 09:25:05

No stinging, but they should do a patch test on you (especially if you have the tint at the same time). They use a glue to stick your lashes to the silicone mould and I find that the most uncomfortable bit as they have to kinda pull the lashes taut against it, but I've never had any irritation

I've never noticed any dry lashes but I do use Revitalash serum to keep my lashes long

needachangeq Mon 15-May-17 13:47:36

Thank you - sounds great - i've just booked in for weekend - i can't wait smile

Bella912 Mon 15-May-17 14:25:57

I had mine done prior to a surgery this year and just as they were about to put me to sleep the surgeon said - oh I didn't realise you had false eye lashes on we will need you to take them off. I was so chuffed ha ha and said I can't remove them they are my own eyelashes.
The wonders of lvl mine look great you won't be disapointed.

JohnCheese Mon 15-May-17 16:06:27

I've had it done. Yeah it's good but it depends on your starting point. If your lashes are long and abundant it will be great. My lashes are very fine fair and poker straight, and while it was good enough, my lashes are still fine and fair and don't take dye that well. I still needed mascara. But tbf, with mascara they still made a good difference. I definitely looked more awake etc

I've gone back to lash extensions tho.

elephantcuddles Mon 15-May-17 16:52:17

Bella, that's quite funny! smile Made me laugh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now