Talk

Advanced search

Party dress for large of bum

(14 Posts)
LedaP Mon 15-May-17 06:43:40

Hi

I am 35, smallish waist and large of bum. I have ginger hair, pale skin and very dark eyes.

My auntie is throwing a party in a few weeks. She is quite 'well to do' andbaleays looks amazing. Even at 7am.....not jealous at all grin . The party is for her husbands retirement, his friends are all very stylish and always well dressed.

I need a dress for this event. I have a budget of around £200 (would be happy if it came in under that) but no idea where to start. I am very much a 'live in gym wear' type. I work for myself and dont spend much time drssing up nicely.

I do have a pair of nude heels i would like to wear. I have also booked a friend who is a make up artist to do my make up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MrsELM21 Mon 15-May-17 06:55:18

Google the 'Hobbs Bella Dress' I just wore it for an event this weekend, it is absolutely beautiful and skims in all the right places!!

LedaP Mon 15-May-17 07:41:14

Thats really lovely. How did the top look? I am quite broad shouldered (probably should have said that) just wondering it that top would make me look wider.

ShotsFired Mon 15-May-17 07:58:54

I wore an empire line floor length gown to a party last year. It was a very bright colour and the bodice was covered in jewels.

It also skimmed my fat arse beautifully which helped me in my head. So even though I am obviously overweight, all people could see was the 1000-watt glam and that dazzled them! I have never had so many compliments in my life!

So whatever you do, do it Hollywood style and people won't even notice your bum, is my advice!

MrsELM21 Mon 15-May-17 21:42:50

Sorry, didn't see this until now, the whole thing looked lovely even if I do say so myself!

Fine on the shoulders, I don't usually harp on about things but it's honestly the nicest dress I've ever had! I got lots of compliments from strangers at the event too!

LedaP Mon 15-May-17 21:45:00

Thank you shots thats an excellent point.

And thanks Mrs. I am going to see if i can go try it on.

namechange20050 Mon 15-May-17 21:48:12

It's in the sale on John Lewis...

MrsELM21 Mon 15-May-17 21:49:40

Do! You won't be sorry! **Disclaimer, I had a right bloody faff getting it, there's even a thread on here about it called Hobbs Bella Dress! It might be tricky to find in a store and is possibly more of a but online and send back type of thing

MrsELM21 Mon 15-May-17 21:50:04

That's where I got mine from, the JL sale!

MrsELM21 Mon 15-May-17 21:52:11

Me again! If you do get it, it's quite a generous fit so just order your normal size rather than sizing up

WeeM Mon 15-May-17 21:55:17

Chi chi London is also worth a look. I got a lovely one a couple of years ago and it is so flattering and looks a lot dearer than it was. It's still one of my faves. Could use the extra budget for a new bag to match...!

LedaP Mon 15-May-17 22:12:50

Thanks Mrs you are a star.

Will check out chi chi now WeeM

I really appreciate the help. X

MrsLettuce Mon 15-May-17 22:18:29

What sort of event is it, are we talking black tie? Lunch?

LedaP Tue 16-May-17 05:35:49

Its not black tie. There isnt a dress code as such. I just know from past experience that everyone will be dressed up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now