Talk

Advanced search

What to buy in SpaceNK?

(14 Posts)
WhiteHairReally Sun 14-May-17 19:36:50

Going to a 'Girls' Gathering' at SpaceNK this week. I read what the make up gurus on here say, I've even watched Lisa Eldridge on YouTube but when it comes to putting the stuff on my own aged face I'm really not convinced or convincing.
I have no intention of being sold a whole load of expensive stuff by Sharpie Eyebrowed young women but I would be interested in what recommendations you have for a 50+ sceptic who might have to 'show willing' and buy something.

KatyS36 Sun 14-May-17 19:59:37

If you feel you have to show willing..... I'd suggest on of these:

If you have your makeup done, see if there is a part you really love and buy that

If not, say you're not sure, ask the salesperson to write down the products used then buy a beautiful shower gel

Enjoy
Katy

App1eCakes Sun 14-May-17 20:18:12

Space NK generally don't have Sharpie eyebrow-ed make up artists IME.

They usually are happy to do you a full face with a variety of brands, so you can try different stuff. But if you're not interested in full on make up, how about just a lipstick (NARS lip pencils are velvet-y soft) or nail polish?

If your budget can stretch to it, how about some cleanser? I always buy Eve Lom, it's lovely. And also the moisturiser is wonderfully rich and smells divine.

They also sell candles, if that takes your fancy.

AlfaMummy Sun 14-May-17 20:18:25

Hourglass cosmetics! I love my powders and palettes - no longer wear foundation they're that good! Enjoy shopping

BuzzKillington Sun 14-May-17 20:21:53

Diptyque candles - that's what I go in for.

But also am partial to Hourglass and Laura Mercier.

LadyOfTheCanyon Sun 14-May-17 20:36:08

They do Kevin Aucoin which is hard to find, also Chantecaille. KA is, broadly speaking, very good for skin which is a little drier, which skin in its 50s tends to be.
They also stock Lipstick Queen - always something to be found there!

bojorojo Sun 14-May-17 21:00:16

Laura Mercier face make up is loved by both my daughters and if anyone gives them a gift voucher, they are straight in for that. There are great lipsticks there too.

Theycalledmethewildrose Sun 14-May-17 21:05:36

Erborian cc or bb cream!!!!

WhiteHairReally Sun 14-May-17 21:58:56

Thanks for all the thoughtful tips.

I'm just a bit frightened of the whole idea really, which is ridiculous as it's supposed to be what passes for a treat!

CoolCarrie Sun 14-May-17 22:01:28

It will be fine, enjoy it. Don't feel pressured into buying anything if you don't want to.

Firenight Sun 14-May-17 22:02:52

Even if they are doing a full face just be clear about what you want and that you don't want to buy masses. I've been in and done that and come away with a very natural couple of staples. I go there for By Terry foundation and concealer and also bits of Laura Mercier.

Firenight Sun 14-May-17 22:04:52

Even if they are doing a full face just be clear about what you want and that you don't want to buy masses. I've been in and done that and come away with a very natural couple of staples. I go there for By Terry foundation and concealer and also bits of Laura Mercier.

PacificDogwod Sun 14-May-17 22:07:08

I am 51, hate foundation, rarely wear a bit of eye make up, my moisturiser is whatever is going for 5£ in the local chemist - I am just saying all this for context.

I recently bought a Sheiseido cream cleanser on my first visit to SpaceNK and it is absolutely bloody amazing! The nicest thing that has ever touched my ageing, dry facial skin grin. It was £46 shockshockshock and the most I have ever spent on any 'beauty' product, but I love it.

Have fun!

ShowMeWhatYouGot Mon 15-May-17 12:13:25

Hourglass ambient lighting powders
Oskia skincare (cleansing gel & masks are fab)
Sarah chapman skincare

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now