Talk

Advanced search

What do I wear with Chelsea boots?

(5 Posts)
gincamelbak Sun 14-May-17 17:37:09

First time posting on style and beauty. I'm a lost soul really.

I like the look of Chelsea boots. But what do I wear them with?

I have two pairs of boot cut jeans. No other trousers that fit (I used to have coloured chinos but lost weight so got rid but have not replaced).

I am a bit reluctant to wear skinny jeans - I'm top heavy (34H bra, size 14 top and 12 bottoms with skinny legs) and worry they make me look like a block with pipe cleaner legs.

Anyway. What should I wear with Chelsea boots? What shape or style trousers?

Please help. I am useless on my own!

CrispyBathTowel Sun 14-May-17 17:45:40

Skinny jeans would work if you work a longer top to balance things out a bit. Or straight leg trousers/jeans. Most straight legs only seem to work if there is a bit of a gap between the boot and jean - either a shorter length or rolling them up like the attached photos.

They look good with skirts/dresses and black tights too in autumn/winter.

If you're on PInterest and search for Chelsea boot outfit you'll get lots of ideas.

gincamelbak Sun 14-May-17 19:32:50

I like the look of them with rolled up trouser legs. I think I need a sort of loose fit skinny jeans if that makes any sense?

Not skin tight but also not loose on the thigh trousers.

But would coloured chinos look OK with brown Chelsea boots?

gincamelbak Sun 14-May-17 19:33:48

Where are my manners?
Thank you CrispyBathTowel

CrispyBathTowel Sun 14-May-17 20:24:14

I think they'd have to be quite a slim fitting chino with a small roll-up - black, navy or dark khaki green would go with brown boots.

I think dark grey jeans would too but not grey trousers for some reason!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now