Talk

Advanced search

Silly Primark sizing-Why?

(16 Posts)
bigbuttons Sun 14-May-17 17:21:21

I get my skinny jeans from Primark-cheap and cheerful and do the job. I have been a size 8 always -yesterday I went to buy some more and noticed they now do size 4. Using a degree of logic I reckoned I must now be a size 6. Indeed I am.
At this rate I will be in negative numbers.

Honkyzeke Sun 14-May-17 17:28:22

I've bought primark black skinny jeans for work before, as you say cheap, cheerful and do the job! I got three pairs of what I thought were exactly the same size jeans, got them home put them on first pair were massive second pair fit perfectly third pair too small! all said size 10 in the label! I don't go by primark sizing now and always try jeans on before I buy now.

dailystuck71 Sun 14-May-17 17:28:33

I'm a 12. Saw a t shirt I liked yesterday. Had to get an 18 for it to fit.

ChickenBhuna Sun 14-May-17 17:29:06

I don't think it's just Primark Bigbuttons. Women's sizing is an absolute nonsense everywhere. I have two dresses , both from DP. The size 14 dress I purchased 3 years ago , the size 12 one is from this season , however they are the same size. Ridiculous!

Maudlinmaud Sun 14-May-17 17:31:53

The jeggings are enormous. You need to size down. I noticed the 4 and 6 sizes too they seem to be all that's left in popular items so I'm not sure who they fit. Maybe tweens?

Ollivander84 Sun 14-May-17 17:33:30

I've posted this before but anyway
Asos brand. Size 14 dress, fitted perfectly
I wanted another dress from asos curve and figured plus size ranges usually come up roomier. Ordered the dress. Needed a size 22. WTAF confusedhmm

BlueSunGreenMoon Sun 14-May-17 17:34:00

Yes I've always been an 8 in primark but the last time I bought clothes from there the size 8's were all too big. Annoyingly I hadn't bothered trying them on in the shop (8 from there has always fit me), so I had to go back and exchange everything for size 6.

Maudlinmaud Sun 14-May-17 17:38:47

Nothing is taking my fancy in the store at the moment. I did buy a couple of pairs of cheap sandals last week but that was mainly it. What's nice? Does anyone want to share their bargains?

AlexanderHamilton Sun 14-May-17 17:42:43

I'm glad Primark are doing size 4 & 6 as when dd was aged around 12 it was really difficult to get clothes that fitted her. She's now 15 & a size 6/8 but aged 13 a size 4 would have been perfect but child sizes 11/12 far too small & not in the right proportions.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Sun 14-May-17 17:45:01

Bought Dniece a couple of tops in there. She is just turning 13. Usually an 8. It was a size 12 that fitted her. There is no way she is a 12.

bigbuttons Sun 14-May-17 20:22:21

but *alexander the new 4 is the old six, so infact here is nothing new in the smaller sizes at all! I just look for the purple label now rather than the orange one!

bigbuttons Sun 14-May-17 20:22:48

olivander sorry but that is very very funny!

Ollivander84 Sun 14-May-17 20:27:17

I was completely bemused! Kept both dresses as they're lovely but I did think what if you were actually a size 22, you would be sized out of that dress confused

bigbuttons Sun 14-May-17 21:59:53

My 15 year old dd got a pair of women's size 10 dungarees . She didn't try them on in the shop. Got home, they were too small, however, they did fit my 11 year old did just fine and she is a small 11 year old!

Cultofpersonality Sun 14-May-17 22:12:40

I have three of their pleated skirts- each a size 16.
They all fit, but one of them is on the tighter side. They're also all different lengths.
Wanted to buy a jumpsuit from there, tried on an 18 and it was so tight!

Their sizing has become so awful.

MaisyPops Sun 14-May-17 22:17:18

Sizing there is awful.
I used to take an 8-10. Then dropped to a 6-8 when they redid it. Now in their jersey skirts a 6 is coming up large.

I still take an 8-10 in their tops though like I have for 10 years.

I'm certainly not shrinking, but the labels in my clothes say I'm smaller than i was 10 years ago. Only exception is H&M who have been my go to all along (and who some women love to hate on) because their size and cuts just work for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now