Talk

Advanced search

T shirts/summer tops in a good length

(11 Posts)
JoeMaplin Sun 14-May-17 17:11:59

Getting summer clothes out of the loft and really need some t shirts/fitted short sleeve tops. I am 5 ft 8 but have a fairly long body too . I definitely do not want to be flashing my midriff! I need a nice quality material due to untoned mum tum.

Where can I get some nice, cotton, summer tops that are long enough (but not tunicy type or too boxy shape, as I'm size 14 and these don't suit me)??

Thanks in advance.

TheGirlOnTheLanding Sun 14-May-17 20:01:16

I'm place marking as I need these too. I have Breton tops that are a nice length/weight but all the plain tops I've ordered are much thinner cotton or are short enough that I worry they will ride up if I so much as lift a finger!

JoeMaplin Mon 15-May-17 20:41:29

Everywhere except Primark are so short in the body!

Passthecake30 Mon 15-May-17 20:45:17

Also place marking! I'm 6ft so need them long. I've had relative success in New Look and Dorothy Perkins in previous years, no looked at their offerings lately.

I steer clear of Matalan and Primark.

Gap do a tall range that are ok, if you like boring...!

carrotcakecupcake Mon 15-May-17 20:50:27

I was going to say Gap Tall t-shirts as I recently discovered these, but see I've been beaten to it!

Ollivander84 Mon 15-May-17 21:14:35

Long tall sally have stuff on sale and I got a lovely t shirt plus a couple of long sleeved tops
Asos tall is worth a look too

JoeMaplin Tue 16-May-17 21:13:08

Thanks all. Had forgotten about gap, will pop in. Not sure I'm tall enough for long tall Sally but will have a look. I do like both new look and DP but the quality can be really hit and miss can't it?

Ollivander84 Tue 16-May-17 21:18:43

Honestly I would have a look at LTS, I'm only two inches taller than you grin but my boobs take space up so I need the extra length. Their tops hit nicely at low hip level

JDSTER Tue 16-May-17 22:15:01

H&M had some long tshirts in. There's a huge number of styles so you really have to root around the store

BikeRunSki Tue 16-May-17 22:21:16

Bam
I am the same shape and size as you OP, and bought 3 of these tops about 2 months ago. They are pricey, but good quality, lovely and long and have washed well so far.

JoeMaplin Sat 20-May-17 17:40:33

Thank you all, and for the bam link - I have some leggings from there are they are fab quality and I also love their sports socks!! I need to go and look at some shops. I spent a very disappointing hour in mint velvet and phase eight yesterday looking for a 'going out' top for a party - everything was very voluminous and short, not a good look for me. Got a nice top in Wallis of all places in the end, reduced too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now