Talk

Advanced search

If you find something you like do you honestly buy 2 or 3 of them/it?

(69 Posts)
VladmirsPoutine Sun 14-May-17 13:32:59

Found some boots I just loved and a pair of skinny jeans. I'm half wondering whether to buy another pair as I don't know if I'll find something similar again. Fits perfectly, very flattering but I'm half thinking it's ridiculous as there will be other clothes/shoes.

I have a vast wardrobe but only wear about 15% of it as I know what suits me and works with my shape. I do get carried away hence the wardrobe collection but if I'm honest I'm more the boots, skinny jeans and blazer type. In all seasons, all weathers.

Dfg15 Sun 14-May-17 13:36:30

I do, if I find something I like and it comes in another colour I'll buy both. Don't find much that I love clothes wise, so this works for me.

CrispyBathTowel Sun 14-May-17 13:38:39

i really can't see the point of having 2-3 pairs of identical boots. A good pair of boots should last ages anyway so by the time you get wearing the 3rd pair you could be talking 15-20yrs time grin

If a find a pair of jeans I love I sometimes get them in different washes/colours. Same with basic tops - I have a red and white and navy and white Breton from a few years ago. But I'd never buy 2x identical navy and white Breton for example.

The only thing I would consider buying identical items of is if I found the holy grail of flattering black trousers for work.

hahahaIdontgetit Sun 14-May-17 13:57:30

Yes, almost always.

GigiBuffon Sun 14-May-17 13:58:09

I like to have a spare of favorite things. Especially as I tend to have quite a minimalist collection of clothes. Keep it in the cupboard with tags on until original gets tatty. Sometimes wear it early if the original is in the wash. Also do often get things in different colourways if I like the cut/fit.

AyeAmarok Sun 14-May-17 13:59:54

I do. Sometimes in different colours, sometimes the same.

Clothes and shoes/boots.

peanutbutter310 Sun 14-May-17 14:02:07

Yes, but only after I've worn the first one out a few times in the real world to make sure I really will wear them.

AyeAmarok Sun 14-May-17 14:03:15

Otherwise I'd be devastated when it was worn out, and I'd probably avoid wearing it for fear of it wearing out.

Do it, OP!

User246810 Sun 14-May-17 14:06:15

Yes, if I like something I buy it in all colours, I hate clothes shopping so if I like it it's a revelation!

Chewbecca Sun 14-May-17 14:06:33

Yes, occasionally if something is really perfect. Usually in another colour to wear now.

You'll regret it if you don't I reckon.

(Boots are never gonna last 5 years either! 2 with them not looking so good on the 2nd year).

HerculesMulligan Sun 14-May-17 14:06:41

Yes. I've just found the perfect black jeans and bought three pairs.

WindyWednesday Sun 14-May-17 14:07:41

Yes, if it's a lovely top for example I do buy it in other colours.

fruityb Sun 14-May-17 14:08:48

I do with jeans - own two pairs of a couple I like. I'll buy the same top in different colours as well.

Floisme Sun 14-May-17 14:12:15

If it's a reasonable price, yes because I have incurable 'saving for best' syndrome and at least this way, one of them gets worn.
In the unlikely event of finding jeans that fitted and flattered, I'd buy as many as I could afford.

I do, especially if in several colours. I wouldn't buy identical and stick the second in a cupboard though. Tastes change, even if we think they won't.

Judydreamsofhorses Sun 14-May-17 14:55:38

Yes, often. Off the top of my head I own three pairs of All Saints skinny jeans (two black, one grey), two pairs of identical Chelsea boots (one black, one black snakeskin), black and white Adidas Stan Smiths, two leopard print New Look midi dresses (one red, one blue) and two totally identical pairs of Topshop black wide-leg trousers. I am not a saver for best, but do have difficult feet and an odd waist/hip ratio (v small waist, big bum) so tend to snap things up if I love them and they fit well.

toffeeboffin Sun 14-May-17 14:57:24

I do.

Bought three pairs of exactly the same jeans.

Two or three of the same sweater, bought two pairs of gold leather sandals in the sales in Autumn last year...

bingohandjob Sun 14-May-17 15:00:23

Yes, for lots of things. If it's a dress that I love the cut, fabric, shape of will get another. For basics, t-shirts, leggings, trousers, skirts etc that are in neutral colours I've often bought several in my favourite colours. Never regretted it. Only regret it when I didn't buy an extra. I'll scour eBay for items I've loved and not doubled up on. I should add, most of these items would not be hugely expensive for my own budget. For anything over around the £40/50, I probably wouldn't buy multiples so probably not for decent pair of £150 boots or a coat. But if I found Holy Grail jeans that weren't a standard item in a brand's range, I'd definitely buy a few pairs!

QuimReaper Sun 14-May-17 15:04:31

Definitely. And I obsessively hunt eBay for more forever and ever. I have four pairs of my favourite boots grin

SwimmingMom Sun 14-May-17 15:15:31

Of course I would. Thought everyone did!

GolyHuacamole Sun 14-May-17 15:21:59

Yes I would but I also have a proper clear out of my wardrobe every year and send anything I don't wear to charity.

So as long as you clear your wardrobe go for it wink

FinallyHere Sun 14-May-17 16:18:16

Yes, absolutely.

Much prefer to be wearing clothes that are the perfect colour, size and shape for me. Once I do find something perfect, I buy lots. For example, I have seven of the same olive green v neck. I wear one with jeans or chinos most days. I know i look as good as i can wearing it. Other colours are just not all that on me, so why go different?

I have had a couple of clear outs of my wardrobe. It's such bliss to open the doors and see only clothes that I love to wear. If I had to, i could get dressed with my eyes closed and honestly no one would notice.

BestIsWest Sun 14-May-17 16:43:07

Yes, I've just ordered 3 Ravello tops from Boden. I often do this with shoes and work clothes or if I really love something.

user1471545174 Sun 14-May-17 17:46:42

Yes, I buy two if I really like something.

metalmum15 Sun 14-May-17 17:49:24

No, but I often wish I had. Have had certain pairs of jeans, boots or summer sandals which have eventually fallen apart (after much wear!) and I haven't been able to find anything I like as much. Hindsight, eh?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now