Talk

Advanced search

Make-up/beauty advice please for novice

(5 Posts)
riojaandcorrie Sun 14-May-17 12:10:18

Hello,
I'm in my forties 😫 and recently started wearing makeup. I've always looked after my skin so it's not too bad just starting with the odd wrinkle, crepey under eye.

I've just got bare minerals complexion rescue but I'm not that impressed probably stick to number 7 tinted moisturiser TBH. I use a bit of bronzer and a lick of mascara so keeping it natural.

Can you give me your foundation/bb/cc ideas pleeeease? I want not to look cakey or fake just like better skin.

Also have you tried collagen shots? What did you think?? Any other tips you would share to keep me looking human?

Thanks in advance.

Ktown Sun 14-May-17 12:52:29

Erborian cc cream (Clair if you are very pale - the classic colour is orange) plus mac pro long wear concealer - not for under eyes though
Illuminater, e.g. Becca in champagne or rose gold
Stila cream blush - go easy with Liliam or petunia
Brown eyeliner: no 7 pencil
I don't take supplements apart from omega 3 oil and I think this is good for skin

bonfireheart Sun 14-May-17 12:53:50

I would also invest in good brushes.

riojaandcorrie Sun 14-May-17 16:35:32

Thank you ktown and bonfire, I'll have a look at some of those products, I haven't tried any of them before. I've got a couple of good brushes but I'll will invest in more, I didn't know they were worth it.

Keep them coming I'm making a list.

toriah Sun 14-May-17 18:59:27

Hi,

i'm the same age, and really like bare minerals complexion rescue tinted hydrating gel, it feels nice, and looks natural on. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now