Talk

Advanced search

Very lightweight thin cotton loose t shirts

(7 Posts)
Eyerolling Sun 14-May-17 09:26:25

I need a few of these for an upcoming Florida holiday, I wore vests the last time but I found them clingy and not very flattering.

I'm size 16 so don't want anything fitted or ribbed so it clings to every lump and bump, I'd like them to be ultra lightweight too if possible, not jersey or thick material.

I can see Zara do a basic t shirt at a brilliant price but I'm not sure whether their size large is still large enough for a 16?

I'm not looking to spend a fortune either, these will be washed and worn over and over on holiday as we have washing and drying facilities and the dryers are a bit harsh on the clothes.

Any ideas please?

JDSTER Sun 14-May-17 09:56:21

Ive just bought some very lightweight cotton, non clingy, t shirts from primark. I'm not sure what size they go up to but for £2 each they were a bargain. Lots of colour choices too. They do lots of different styles- I got 'The slouchy Tee' which fits your brief.

hollieberrie Sun 14-May-17 10:43:14

I like the Boden ones - they do several lightweight tees with different necklines:
www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-tops-t-shirts/short-sleeved-tops/wo141-bgr/womens-wasabi-green-lightweight-crew-tee?cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Women-_-WO141&istCompanyId=a40e1fa1-0635-4a1b-8d9a-2caa763eeee2&istItemId=xiwxairwtq&istBid=xzat&gclid=CPO-ko-M79MCFW0R0wod1CMGKw

GreyVelvet Sun 14-May-17 12:55:45

I find gap ones very easy to wear and hm ones are ok and lighter than the gap ones but do get a bit misshapen over time

user1493630944 Sun 14-May-17 12:58:16

I agree with JDSTER about the Primark slouchy tees.

skyzumarubble Sun 14-May-17 12:58:29

Zara won't fit, I'm a 16 and their large is about a 12. Gap have some nice ones and next slub t's are nice.

Eyerolling Sun 14-May-17 16:12:59

Thanks all, made a trip to Primark and bought a number of the slouchy tees. I bought an 18 as I find Primark comes up a bit skimpy on the size. For the price they are fab and will probably be thrown away before we come home. The neck is a bit wide but for keeping cool around the parks and getting wet on the water rides they will be great. Thanks for the recommendation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now