Talk

Advanced search

Where should I be shopping? Size 12, in my 30s.

(4 Posts)
FaithAgain Sun 14-May-17 08:41:47

I've lost a fair bit of weight in recent months and dropped two dress sizes. I realise now I was hiding in boring, comfy clothes, often from supermarkets! I have a few bits I've bought but I've realised I don't really know where to shop?! I'm not especially trendy, I'm more of a jeans and converse kind of woman but I have moved to skinny jeans recently (see? not trendy!). I don't mind spending a bit of money of clothes, have a budget but not skint (I also have a 4 year old so don't want dry clean only type items!). I've got some Next vouchers. I need a summer wardrobe- I literally have one denim skirt and a few vests and that's it! Any suggestions on shops or indeed items?

Ktown Sun 14-May-17 08:45:31

Other stories
Cos for skinny trousers
Uniqlo for basics
M and s autograph for a few bits too!

Amrapaali Sun 14-May-17 08:49:54

Almost all High Street shops seem to be slavishly following fashion trends. "Interesting" sleeves are hot now hmm but there are a few good finds to be had if you keep looking.

Zara, Mango, Warehouse are my faves because I prefer intwresting colours and cuts. Oasis also good. But if you prefer neutral toned down pieces Cos is good.and don't knock supermarkets. I have some very good pieces from Sainsbury's.

I know you like jeans. But try on midi skirts or even fitted dresses with a casual jacket. You may fall in love with a new style. You will never know until you try it out.

FaithAgain Sun 14-May-17 09:12:39

Ooh replies, thanks! Yes, definitely some shops I hadn't considered there. I'm in a strange location with your basic high street shops but nothing more unusual, I'll do an online browse.

Amrapaali I do wear dresses. I have a few I really like and when I wear them I get nice compliments. I am also wearing a grey blazer I got from Mantaray a lot, which makes my outfits look smarter. Will go online in a bit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now