Talk

Advanced search

You are useless to me but, oh, I want you so!

(24 Posts)
balkanscot Sat 13-May-17 17:39:29

Have you ever wanted something SO badly because it is utterly gorgeous but just couldn't justify buying it (excluding price as the reason) because of your lifestyle/anything else?

I find myself looking at Berry Tie-Front Flats from JCrew multiple times a day. They have even become available in my size, dammit!

But I can't, I just simply can't. Aside from the barmy price I know I wouldn't be able to wear them outside. DS is 5 and outdoorsy type. So I inevitably end up traipsing around mud/stones/sand. football My work involves lifting and getting my hands dirty. So, no hope there, either.

Then I end up eyeing these as well. For £100 more. shock envy As if I can walk in heels/have the opportunity wearing heels.

BUT THEY ARE SOOOO PRETTY!!!!

shock blush grin

Any others? I love these shoes SO much.

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 13-May-17 17:59:16

Oh they are both so pretty and summery and fun. smile

I'm terrible- I have a wardrobe full of impractical shoes, and only about three pairs I ever wear in the day to day. I hate spending money on dull shoes!

balkanscot Sat 13-May-17 18:25:07

LadyOfTheCanyon, I hear you! smile

I forgot to mention that I live in Scotland. 'nuff said re: these berry-print shoes. I would only be able to wear them once (when not at work and not traipsing after DS), and even then I would worry every minute of the day in case it started pissing down with rain.

Agh!

Nocarbsorsugar Sat 13-May-17 18:39:06

When they go in the sale...then they can be yours. They look easy to wear somewhere.

I ha her after heels. Can't wear them as a have had a foot op. Wouldn't be able to wear them to work, can't drive in them or walk in them.
So why do I have two pairs in my basket in Dune and a pair in Schuh?

PassiveAggressiveLunchbox Sat 13-May-17 18:52:28

I love smart dresses and skirts, silk tops and delicate fabrics. Proper grown up business wear (but not power suits). Every time I go looking I end up wanting the beautiful clothes, then I remember I work from home in my pjs or I'm at home with two small children who destroy delicate fabrics by osmosis. <sigh>

Could you go berry picking in the shoes? They'd be fulfilling their destiny.

QuimWilde Sat 13-May-17 19:23:04

Oh, heels. Lovely lovely heels. I have rheumatoid arthritis which particularly affects my feet, making walking even in flats horrendous 80% of the time. Doesn't stop me dreaming of the four inch heels I used to totter around on with blithe painlessness. Sigh.

Also this dress from H&M. I visit it regularly. But I have absolutely nowhere to wear such a glorious confection 😢

I've lusted after a little quilted chain strap black evening bag for years, perfect for going to the ballet.
I am 38. I have never been to the ballet. But perhaps if I had the bag I'd start going? 😀

Freshprincess Sat 13-May-17 19:28:19

They're so pretty, but there so expensive and impractical.

I realllly want a full tulle skirt, but I can't think of An occasion when I'd wear it. I've got a whole board on Pinterest with tulle skirt outfits styled for every occasion. I know deep down that If I ordered one it would sit in the wardrobe in the 'wtf did you buy that for' section.

Guitargirl Sat 13-May-17 19:33:17

My version of love it but could never wear it. Sigh.

allthatnonsense Sat 13-May-17 19:33:55

www.mulberry.com/gb/shop/family/clifton?gclid=CjwKEAjw3drIBRCOwfC-_qqyjQ8SJADvoWQpojaGNPuf7k27KJFZnrtHedk-AXRURYYcKO756lgs5hoCYILw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
I just want this so much, but will only use it twice a year..

AnarchyKitty Sat 13-May-17 19:34:01

This.
I can't drive but I really want one.
And these.

Notlostjustexploring Sat 13-May-17 19:40:24

A white, floaty dress from karen millen. I've got visions of myself looking all smart and elegant. Except I've got a six month old so white dress=terrible idea, and the only place where it would be remotely practical in my life at the moment would be the workplace, except I'm an engineer so white dress=terrible idea.

Doesn't stop me pining, so I feel your pain!

QuimWilde Sat 13-May-17 19:49:39

Kitty those boots are fabulous!

balkanscot Sat 13-May-17 20:38:14

PassiveAggressiveLunchbox I may as well set £148 on fire for that purpose. grin grin

I caved in 3 years ago and bought a lovely pair of LK Bennett wedge sandals (admittedly, on sale). Wore them precisely three times. I still love them and caress them visually from time to time. They make me tall and elongated. But they are a total pain in the arse to wear outside.

cardoon Sat 13-May-17 21:15:02

THANKYOU gets you 20% off at J Crew OP......just sayin smile

balkanscot Sun 14-May-17 21:12:55

cardoon, thank you, but (un)fortunately my size is now out of stock. smile

FauxFox Mon 15-May-17 00:29:24

Vans do some strawberry print trainer type shoes for £40ish if you can find them your size - might be a bit more practical and still fruity enough 🍓🍓🍓

leccybill Mon 15-May-17 00:38:45

Forever 21 for £13

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 15-May-17 16:14:15

For me , my Love You But Useless is red lipstick.

I have brown eyes and greying brown hair.
I should suit red lipstick.
But I have a really thin, small mouth.
I look like a Drag Queen or a Hooker. Neither is the look I'm aiming for TBH.

<<sigh>>

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 15-May-17 16:21:06

Ah you dodged a bullet balkan , two of the reviews mention glue on the fabric.

Does that make you feel better smile ?

QuimJongUn Mon 15-May-17 16:26:33

70 I used to be like you re red lips. I wanted them to work for me sooo much but I always looked like I'd been left alone with an industrial sized pot of strawberry jam. In the end I decided to make them work for me - it involved buying lots of cheaper ones and wearing them for a few days to see which I felt most comfortable in/suited me best. I bought lots discounted from eBay and from ranges like MUA where they're a pound or two each. I finally discovered that a sheerish formulation with a slightly brick-y tint made me look the way I always dreamed of looking with red lips. My HG is Revlon Just Bitten Balm in Romance - it's sheer enough to wear in the daytime but the colour can be built for evenings. And it feels tingly and minty and nice!

lindyloo57 Mon 15-May-17 18:49:10

i too craved the quilted bag with chain handel, i would keep going in store trying it on my shoulder, then it was in a double discount money off at house of fraser, so i just had to buy it, it was just over a hundred pounds, i have used it twice, i think i will take it on holiday, then i think better not, don't want to spoil it. so there it is wraped up in tissue in the draw.

WhisperingLoudly Mon 15-May-17 19:23:59

anarchy what's the car?

AnarchyKitty Mon 15-May-17 19:37:57

WhisperingLoudly
It's a Figaro. ( Nissan)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now