Talk

Advanced search

Bra gurus - help please

(12 Posts)
MyVisionsComeFromSoup Sat 13-May-17 08:37:53

Having put on some weight recently (change of medication sad) I re-measured, and am 38JJ/38K shock. So, onto Bravissimo and Brastop, but I have a problem. Boobs are wide and shallow, so the majority of underwires rub in my armpit (yes, I do scoop, but there's still overweight fat there sad). Does anyone do a wider underwire which is more like \_/ than U?

And secondly, I have narrow shoulders, does anywhere do bras which have the straps more towards the top of the cup, rather than at the side (if i wear one like that, the straps roll outwards towards my shoulders at the front, then fall down).

Ideally I don't want a non-underwired bra because they're scary because they seem to sit quite high on the chest, and I usually wear V or scoop necked tops, so anything which is too sports bra like is visible. But at the same time, I don't like the wobbly boob I get with lower cut bras.

Is there anything which might fit the bill?

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Sat 13-May-17 08:39:16

I'm wondering about the Panache Tango, which doesn't look like the strap might start in my armpit, might that work?

JennyOnAPlate Sat 13-May-17 08:45:28

Are you on Facebook? There's a group called Boob or Bust which is fab for bra advice...lots of knowledgable people.

KatharinaRosalie Sat 13-May-17 08:45:58

no, Panache has narrow and high underwires. Curvy Kate has wide wires and they definitely go up to K - try Brastop.com

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Sat 13-May-17 09:00:26

Looking at the Curvy Kates, the straps seem to be at the very outside of the cups though, and that just won't stay on me. Are some of them more centred?

Ok, no to the Panache then. Will have a look ta the FB group, thanks

KatharinaRosalie Sat 13-May-17 10:01:10

yes most of them are balconnettes, that tend do have wider placed straps. Full cup bras, and some plunges have narrower ones. Curvy Kate does not make too many of those. Freya and Fantasie might also work for you, the wires are wider than Panache.

Or you can also get a racer back clip to pull the straps together.

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Sat 13-May-17 10:11:13

thanks, I'll have a look at those. Sadly racer back clips work even less well as the bra is pulled even more into my armpits. I think I'm just an odd body shape grin.

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Sat 13-May-17 10:24:35

how do the Pour Moi underwires come up? They look to have straps in a better position, but if they're going to stab each boob, then that's no good smile

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Sat 13-May-17 10:27:37

[sigh], I'm just going to have to buy loads and send them all back, aren't I?

I did try a Bravissimo shop a couple of years ago, but wasn't impressed (assistant wasn't helpful when I said I didn't know what type of bra I needed, and just brought me similar to what I was wearing, but in a slightly better size. I might need a small local shop where the ladies size you by eye as soon as you walk in don't I? Annoyingly I know the owners of the two ones nearest to me, and they're not people I want to strip off in front of. Any recommendations in Croydon?

marriednotdead Sun 14-May-17 00:13:25

It sounds as if you might get along better with Elomi bras. Centralised straps will stop the slippage and armpit wire digging. There is a Leia outlet (they own the brand) in Bluewater but they have lots online.

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Sun 14-May-17 12:45:27

how weird married - I have several of those on the way from Brastop to try on grin. I'll see what these ones are like, then make DH take me to Bluewater for a shopping session. They do look like they might work.

MyVisionsComeFromSoup Tue 16-May-17 12:18:39

Elodie was a good call - I'm keeping two of the ones I bought, and have trawled Ebay for a couple more of the same ones in different colours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now