Talk

Advanced search

Help me out please Fascinator query. What do I do?

(16 Posts)
Whathaveilost Fri 12-May-17 22:42:51

I have never had a fascinator before. i am going to an all day andevening tomorrow and I've been talked in to wearing one. I have to admit I love it with my outfit.

Now my question. We are setting off on a coach trip at 09.00-0am. We are stoping for breakfast and then heading off to the event ( not a wedding) we will be leaving the event at about 21.30 hrs to finish off at the local pub.

So the fascinator stays on all day? I've only got a clutch bag. I'm going to look ridiculous aren't I?

dailystuck71 Sat 13-May-17 00:04:48

Anyway you can just not wear it? They are horrid.

CantChoose Sat 13-May-17 01:03:16

Charming, daily...
presumably you will be dressed in your fancy outfit with lots of other people who are similarly dressed? If so unless it's ginormous I think it will be fine to wear tbh.

dailystuck71 Sat 13-May-17 08:44:50

They are though. Sorry. Just being honest. Very dated.

hippadoppaloppagorillapig Sat 13-May-17 08:48:21

Oh god, don't post about fascinators. My thread ended up in the Daily Fucking Fail. They are dated now, but plenty still wear them, so if you want to wear it, do.

Regarding the day, will your hairstyle require the fascinator to be in all day, or will you be able to add it in when the wedding starts?

Whathaveilost Sat 13-May-17 08:56:38

daily. You are on the wrong thread.
I asked a different question to the one you answered.
Where I live they are still very popular. I know they are not cutting edge of fashion but go and be pompous somewhere else.

Whathaveilost Sat 13-May-17 08:57:36

hippi. It's not a wedding we are going to.
We are setting off in 30 mins or so.

MrsJamesMathews Sat 13-May-17 08:59:55

Do what everyone else is doing OP. Have a nice day!!

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Sat 13-May-17 09:01:16

Wear it all day- you will look fabulous!

Rockaby Sat 13-May-17 09:02:04

If it looks nice to you and you feel good in it, great, wear it! But you said you were talked into it?

I don't like them personally and have only worn for a fancy dress costume (it's a long story grin).

Anyway, if I was wearing a hat I would take it off when I was inside, sitting down for dinner, so I'd say maybe the same as that.

NerrSnerr Sat 13-May-17 09:02:41

If wear it all day. You won't look daft as you'll be in your posh clothes.

Nettletheelf Sat 13-May-17 09:04:40

Enjoy your trip to the races (see, I have guessed!).

Whathaveilost Sat 13-May-17 09:05:28

We are not sitting down for a meal. We are having breakfast and then going to the event . It's not a wedding and we will be there until late until the mini bus brings us back. It's on hire so I can't lose or damage it!

Rockaby Sat 13-May-17 09:08:43

Oh, if I'd hired it I would definitely keep it on all day then. I'd be worried about it getting lost otherwise.

Which race course op? I live near one of the main ones. Will wave to you wink.

Bubblysqueak Sat 13-May-17 09:09:53

Wear it all day (you'll probably forget you're wearing it anyway) you don't want to faff taking it on and off and possibly messing up your hair.

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 13-May-17 09:14:38

I go to Ascot's Ladies Day every year and the first year hired a fascinator. It was utterly destroyed by the time I'd put it on and off going in and out of the bus, McDonalds (breakfast en route) and the pub for supper. Keep it on your noggin and don't let anyone near it.

I buy hats now each year so if we end up using them as massive frisbees I don't weep at the thought of losing the deposit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now