Talk

Advanced search

Gazelle trainers

(11 Posts)
Loulou2kent Fri 12-May-17 22:15:51

Just wanted to ask what people thought of their adidas gazelle's.

I attempted JD Sports this afternoon & instantly felt far too old to be in there & uncomfortable, so for that reason I'm looking online from the comfort of my own home in my pj's with unwashed hair!

Are they comfy? I once owned a pair of adidas trainers years ago & they gave me blisters on my heels so I've avoided them since but I really like the look of them.

How were they with size? Did they come up true to size?

If you have any other similar style trainers that are super comfy I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Thanks in advance everyone!

ShovingLeopard Sat 13-May-17 01:19:01

I had them circa 1996, and they blistered my heels every time I wore them. They never wore in. I don't know if they have updated them subtly since, but I am put off buying them again for that reason, even though I still love the look of them.

Dlpdep Sat 13-May-17 01:42:12

Did Disneyland for 2 days for me, fresh out today the box, no wearing in. They come up big, so size down. I bought the kids ones rather than the adult cause there was 40 quid in the difference, but I noticed that the adult's women's had an arch suppport that this kids size didn't - I had both on side by side and I preferred the adult colour and was happy to pay the extra but found th arch support uncomfortable.

FreeButtonBee Sat 13-May-17 07:53:14

Mine are really comfy and DH loves his too (we have very different feet). Wear with socks for a couple of days and they are perfect after that.

youvegottobekidding Sat 13-May-17 12:56:25

I have a black 'suede' pair, ( I got them at JD in the kids section) i usually take a size 6 but I got these in a size 5 and a half, they must be slightly bigger fitting. Sometimes the material of the trainer can make a difference to the size that's why I tried the suede. They are, IMO, really comfy, not tight, no pinching, feels like I'm wearing comfy slippers!

CrazyPrepared Sat 13-May-17 13:06:29

Love them, I live in converse but these are fast becoming my favourite shoes, I may have to invest in another colour (I have light grey)

Judydreamsofhorses Sat 13-May-17 13:32:57

I have glittery black suede ones. Mine were a bit stiff to begin with but softened up in a few wears and are now super-comfy. I have small, wide feet and find Adidas and Nike trainers are both good for me.

chloechloe Sat 13-May-17 13:50:45

I have the pale pink suede ones and love them! They're really lightweight so great for summer. They rubbed a little bit the first time I wore them but have been fine since despite wearing those little trainer socks with them. Despite spraying them they have a couple of dirty marks on the toes that I'm struggling to get rid of, so bear that in mind in you go for a pale suede colour.

I would say they're true to size.

Loulou2kent Sat 13-May-17 14:18:54

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

Hmmm I might order a kids pair & a 6 & see how they fit. Maybe wear them around the house for a bit. I love the look of them.

Comfy slipper feeling sounds good!

Chloe they were the ones I was going for! Thanks for the warning. Hoping to save them for just when sunny & stay away from mud & the break peddle on the buggy haha.

Livinabarnn Sat 13-May-17 14:20:59

Love mine, on second pair. They do half sizes and I sized up by half a size. I would say they are a little more narrow than other styles.

chloechloe Sat 13-May-17 20:07:53

The pink ones are gorgeous loulou, I just made the mistake of wearing them in the rain when I first got them. I try and avoid the brake pedal too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now