Talk

Advanced search

Are these trousers OK to wear to a first holy communion?

(9 Posts)
ChambourcyHippopotamousse Fri 12-May-17 15:14:49

We've been invited last minute and I don't have time to buy anything new. I was planning on wearing them with a black vest top with very subtle ruffles on the shoulders and a black cardigan if needed. I'm hoping the outfit won't be too dark?

The flowers are actually more of a peachy colour than they look on the picture.

Hadenoughtoday01 Fri 12-May-17 15:33:24

They look lovely although I have to say my DD has her FHC beginning of next month and I've not even given any consideration to my outfit.In fact I'm probably going to wear a work suit. I'm wondering if I should be buying an outfit now...?

ChambourcyHippopotamousse Fri 12-May-17 16:31:42

Hadenough I definitely would wear a work suit but I'm still on maternity leave and nothing fits me sad

Do you think black is ok?

ElinorRigby Fri 12-May-17 16:34:09

I don't think God is particularly bothered.

Ohyesiam Fri 12-May-17 16:38:32

Black is fine. You will look good.

burnishedsilver Fri 12-May-17 16:43:48

Here in Ireland communions are a big deal. The parents of the communion child tend to be pretty dressy, but not the guests. The trousers look fine to me.

ChambourcyHippopotamousse Fri 12-May-17 16:50:22

That's what I thought burnished Here in Liverpool the mums do go all out but I wasn't sure what other guests should wear as I've never been to one before.

I don't believe in God Elinor

TanteJeanne Fri 12-May-17 22:12:54

At DC2's communion last year, parents and guests did dress up. Perhaps not as dressed up as for a wedding but more than "Sunday best".
Your trousers look perfect and the rest of your outfit sounds great. Weather could go either way and you're prepared!

ChambourcyHippopotamousse Fri 12-May-17 22:30:18

Thanks Tante, hope the rain holds off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now