Talk

Advanced search

Foundation help, please!

(7 Posts)
MrsNutella Fri 12-May-17 14:18:37

Hello,
I am tired bloomin kids and want to look a bit less.... weary. I feel like I look a lot brighter when I use a foundation to even out my skin. I am quite fair, blonde hair, blue eyes, and need something quick and easy that will stick.
Budget isn't endless but I'm prepared to spend a little more for something that stays put. My skin can be quite sensitive.

I've used a pressed powder in the past and it is almost done.... it is actually probably older than it should be.... <whispers, i think i bought it two years ago> and I don't know what to update it with or from where....

Something with an SPF would also be good!

Aquamarine70 Sun 14-May-17 14:10:07

A BB cream or tinted moisturiser is good if you haven't got much time. I use Laura Mercier Oik free tinted moisturiser & it has SPF 20.
You coujd have your eyelashes tinted & use a clear mascara or have a Lash lift.
A nude lipstick/ lip balm is always good to put on if you are in a rush.

MinorRSole Sun 14-May-17 14:43:32

I use Clinique beyond perfecting. If you go to one of their counters they will find your shade and give you a sample to take away and try over a few days. House of Fraser has the beauty bonus just now but it is starting in boots towards the end of may.

I have sensitive skin and love Clinique

elephantcuddles Sun 14-May-17 15:05:07

I just tried a sample of the Kevyn Aucoin illuminating foundation and it's so good. It feels more like a tinted moisturizer but with more coverage. I usually wear Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation, but I think the finish of the Kevyn Aucoin is better and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup, which is a feeling I hate. I stay away from heavy foundations.

Fibbertigibbet Sun 14-May-17 17:52:27

I've started using NARS tinted moisturiser and I'm hooked. And I'm someone who easily owns 25 different foundations.

MrsNutella Sun 14-May-17 21:53:55

That's all super info thank you so much! Yes a tinted moisturiser sounds like a super and easy idea.

Awesome! I will do some shopping grin

bojorojo Sun 14-May-17 22:07:55

Try going to Space NK. My daughter swear by Laura Mercier foundation and they will try out various products on you so you can choose type of product and colour. You can see how it actually looks on your skin. My DDs now know exactly what suits them and it's like a repeat prescription!! I don't wear foundation but like Chanel moisturised compact powder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now