Talk

Advanced search

HAIR-ELP ME!!! (with pics)

(16 Posts)
mostlymindblown Fri 12-May-17 10:58:33

Right, so in light of my good friends wedding this weekend I decided to get my hair re-coloured.

I asked for this

lovely colour

but it came out way too blonde on the top with brassy streaks - see blonde pic

So I called her (mobile hairdresser) and she came back yesterday to put some brown in to tone it down and even it out but now look! - see brown pic

HELP!

It way too dark and greyish brown ( with lovely blonde underneath and at sides that you can't now see)

I scoured internet yesterday and have washed with Asda own brand antidandruff shampoo as apparently that helps strip the colour out but maybe its just stripping out the red in the brown streaks?

What can I do? I read somewhere that shampoo for blonde hair might work as the washing would help fade but it would retain the correct tones.

Wedding is tomorrow.

I know that no-one will be looking at me and its about the bride, but this is a rare child (and husband free) day off and I was really looking forward to dressing up and looking nice for a change.

FFS

passthewineplz Fri 12-May-17 11:04:53

It needs a toner putting on. Ring a few hair salons and ask for a toner and wash and blow dry.

Or if you can't make it to a hair salon go to boots and look at hair toners.

mostlymindblown Fri 12-May-17 11:11:01

Hi passthewineplz

What shade toner, a warm one?

passthewineplz Fri 12-May-17 11:16:32

is the colour that you are wanting the bob at the top of the link?

If so the blonde looks quite light, I'd go for an ice white. But probably better going to a hair salon if you can

Gingerbreadmam Fri 12-May-17 11:19:41

fairy washing up liquid mixed with washing powder to fade the brown. purple shampoo afterwards for half hour might help.

if you can afford it though a salon is.your best bet.

Gingerbreadmam Fri 12-May-17 11:21:11

never use that colourist again either she hasn't done your hair properly. you have grey roots still. if you were going for the colour in the link it.would be a full head of highlights with a dark blonde / light brown colour everywhere else i think.

Gingerbreadmam Fri 12-May-17 11:22:29

a pin up would solve it for tomorrow if you could get booked in anywhere? the blonde doesnt look too bad now you have the brown in but i have no idea what she has done with the brown.

mostlymindblown Fri 12-May-17 11:31:53

Or maybe a hat?!

I'm working so cant get to a salon and need to leave early in the morning (can't afford it either). Might try the washing powder and fairy liquid but a bit scared it might damage it even more - its been through a lot in the last week or so now!

Yes, I was expecting a full head of higlights with more at the front, with some light brown lowlights put through towards the sides and back, but I think she did full packets of bleach and dark blonde through the top section so it ended up really bright on top. confused

And now shes overdone the addition of the brown, and possibly left it on too long? Top section is darker than the underneath and sides which were looking a good cool blonde after lots of purple shampoo.

mostlymindblown Fri 12-May-17 11:34:02

Might start scouring internet for easy up do's which can be done by yourself - something with lots of twizzly bits might distract from the myriad of different tones?

Bloody hair is really fine too and almost shoulder length so not much to work with..

passthewineplz Fri 12-May-17 11:42:10

Honestly I wouldn't use washing up liquid etc as it leaves your hair dry.

Try something like this from Superdrug www.superdrug.com/New-Colourants/ColourOn-Toner-Ice-Cool-Blonde-100ml/p/476300

Gingerbreadmam Fri 12-May-17 11:47:58

if the blonde is ok and it is the dark that is bothering you a toner wont help.

the only other thing i could suggest is buying a mid blonde dye something starting with a numer 9 and dyeing all your hair. that will darken the blonde and help blend the brown a bit.

hair style wise something with a bit of a bouffant at the front and maybe folded in at the back would be nice?

Gingerbreadmam Fri 12-May-17 11:50:00

vitamin c is supposed to fade colour too. crushed up vitamin c tablets mixed eith head and shoulders might help.

you could try that then leaving the purple shampoo on half hour. might look better.

got2b volume powder is good if you are going to go for a bouffant.

Gingerbreadmam Fri 12-May-17 11:52:35

www.gurl.com/2014/11/06/15-cute-and-easy-hairstyle-tutorials-for-medium-length-hair/ number 5 or number 10 on here are nice and look easy enough.

Want2beme Fri 12-May-17 11:59:20

Would you have time just to have it nicely styled tomorrow & not do anything about the colour at the moment? It looks workable to me. You're just not used to it.

mostlymindblown Fri 12-May-17 12:02:59

Right.

So to Boots for vit c tablets and will spend this evening practising hair styles....Ive got some of that volume powder stuff knocking about so will try and cobble something together.

Thanks so much for your help wineplz and Gingerbread* , really appreciated. Im sure after a couple of celebratory glasses of fizz I won't care anymore anyway! smile

Gingerbreadmam Fri 12-May-17 12:16:10

yes definitely! good look with the vitamin c and have a lovely day tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now