Talk

Advanced search

QVC fashion 😳

(30 Posts)
Ledkr Fri 12-May-17 10:43:24

It's a wee bit expensive isn't it? I could have sworn I saw some vest tops for 74 quid? Surely not

Ledkr Fri 12-May-17 10:43:47

Can you guess I'm ill in bed grin

BillyBeerMonster Fri 12-May-17 10:52:36

Yeah, I think it is expensive and most of the time, not great quality either!

SleepFreeZone Fri 12-May-17 10:54:04

Overpriced rags for large people.

Ledkr Fri 12-May-17 11:54:57

So basic too. Seems like large silken t shirts with random puckers 🙄

BusterGonad Fri 12-May-17 11:56:11

I was hoping for pictures!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-May-17 11:56:18

I'm the worlds No1 QVC fan but................

99% of the clothes are basically rubbish.

Some of my prized goodies (clotherwise) though:
Centigrade coats - the padded winter ones with zipped pockets and popper+zip fasten.
I had a woolblend years ago which was lovely.

Kipling scarf + bags (I'd never go into the Kipling shop, bad experience there hmm )

Artscape (not to everyones taste but a couple of Non-Tacky Christmas tops fgrin )

Some of the unmitigated crap though-

Dennis Basso - yes , I get it. You're a Furrier. As in £££ skins. So you try to bring the illusion of dead pelts to us masses . And he's fecking rude and talks over the presenters All The Time

Butler& Wilson. Emporers New Clothes or what.

Kim&Co - if sweating is your thing.

Yong Kim -- looks like its straight out the ragpile, even the lovely tall Ingrid Tarrant can't pull it off

Antthony Designs- seriously. Like Per Una gone mad

Nina Leonard - used to be okay but now the fit (which he was very proud of) is a bit off.

BibiBijoux - looks like you've given a load of toddlers some beads'n'string.

And the worst - Diane Gilman jeans. I bought a pair, checked the length and size.
Fit was ok round my hips/waist but I had enough spare round my crotch to look like I was packing a piece and they were hovering above my ankle. When I measured them , they were 4" short .

Quacker Factory - again , a couple of fun Christmas things but the jeggings made me look like I was wearing a napppy.

Bob Mackie Wearable art - just don't.

nd yes I get the rage at the P&P. They haven't caught up with the rest of retail. And delivvery is a bit varied . 5-7 working days (though you need to allow up to 10 ) really isn't good enough.
Though I have bought TSV (Todays Special Value) that have arrived next day .

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-May-17 11:59:27

Actually never mind the clothes, some of the presenters make me switch off , even if I really want to see the item.

TBF , I like to watch the demos because I really won't go to a Beauty Counter and look or get pounced on.
I watch then I might shop.

BillyBeerMonster Fri 12-May-17 12:18:21

I also watch the beauty shows for tips and some jewellery but don't order anything much anymore. Seriously, £3.95 P&P for a small ring to come about 50 miles and every time, it takes around 11 days! 3 to 5 working days my arse Ridiculous in this day and age! and just about every item I ordered would arrive scratched and obviously worn so I sent them back.

I normally watch the demos and then if I want to buy, I get it from elsewhere.

MorrisZapp Fri 12-May-17 12:22:10

What about that breathless sixties throwback woman who clearly shagged Keith Richards, sitting there in very flattering black jeans and urging the great unwashed to spunk sixty quid for a polyester skirt that bounces?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-May-17 12:28:27

C'mon Zapp that's 90% of the presenter crew you've described there grin

Give us a clue - initials will be fine .wink

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Fri 12-May-17 12:42:39

I'd say either of these two are likely candidates.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-May-17 12:55:39

Ah no Buntty Julia and Alison K are lovely.
There are others that make me want to throw myself on a spike.

The breathless one that annoys me keeps whittering on about things she uses/things she's bought/things her friends have done that are "so funny" ..............I don't care . Sell me things , that's why you're on screen.

BillyBeerMonster Fri 12-May-17 12:57:47

Do you mean the one that looks like Iggy Pop? wink

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-May-17 13:31:34

Googles photo of Iggy Pop.

Ahh yes.

Not being unkind to her (I don't know her apart from watching - or rather switching her off- ) but she's the epitome of "Over 40 its your Bum or your Face"
ie - if you are that degree of lean to keep your bum trim, your face suffers.
But its her whittering that does my head in., not what she looks like. (Though she could do with a proper haircut )

My favourite presenter is Debbie Flint. She knows what she's presenting, she gives the guest the time to talk and prompts them as required not talk over. Not all me-me-me but enough interaction.

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Fri 12-May-17 13:43:28

Ah yes, the Iggy Pop woman, the one who's dyed her hair an alarming shade of blonde recently.

I don't see her as a former paramour of Keith Richards though............more likely to be someone a but naff and 80's, like Nik Kershaw grin

Zeropiddledwhilehomeburned Fri 12-May-17 13:59:37

Iggy Pop Woman always sounds to me like she's talking with a sweet in her mouth.

Always drives me nuts when they talk about the 'fabrication' of the clothing as if it's a posh way of saying fabric.

Oh, and polyester clothes being "easy wear, easy care" because you'll have to wash it every time having sweated to death in it.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-May-17 14:28:10

I have got a couple of tops (one is a Kim&Co , one is Eastern Spirit or something) both of them are 100% never seen a natural fabric (synthetic) and even though I'm a hot-flusher , they don't actually feel clammy.

But soooo ££ for a polymide top, the sizes vary so much its frustrating.
But , I can wear either (they;re both paisley) and know I won't see anyone else wear the same.
<<Maybe that says more about me though blush >>

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Fri 12-May-17 14:30:17

Do Trinny and Susannah still flog their ugly clothes on QVC? My poor eyes are still in shock from the hideousness.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-May-17 14:44:26

Oh, not seen them for a while. Last time I saw their clothes they were selling on Clearance so I'm guessing the ends of their stock ranges?

There was a very , erm, jazzy blazer that someone from the Scissor Sisters wore ( male lead singer IIRC) on a photo shoot .

There was a white shirt with billowey sleeves, like something Meatloaf would wear onstage shock

MorrisZapp Fri 12-May-17 16:32:11

My sixties throwback was....

Michele Hope!

Or 'Goldie Hawn', as she styles herself.

Pmsl re Iggy Pop smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-May-17 20:19:13

grin

Yes , 60s throwback is spot on (her voice pi**es me off TBH)

I bought one thing from MH, (in Last Clicks) it was a red sheer top for evening/holidays.
Had a blardy hole in the seam hmm and it was as itchy as fleas.
It went back.

Deathraystare Sat 13-May-17 17:32:02

Bob Mackie Wearable art - just don't.

Oh! Well each to her own! I got a (I think) very nice BM top - a kind of tile print in orange. So different to what I normally wear (t shirts and leggings) and people comment favourably.

Amused at the Iggy Pop reference - I thought that too!

Deathraystare Sat 13-May-17 17:33:15

I cringe at the Scottish one's corncrake voice. I have to turn it down really low when she is on.

squoosh Sat 13-May-17 17:34:30

Didn't Bob Mackie design all those 'eye catching' Oscars' frocks Cher has worn over the years?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now