Talk

Advanced search

Best camouflage make up for scars?

(6 Posts)
LaserShark Fri 12-May-17 07:02:54

I have some flat white scars on my arm from an accident years ago and have worn elbow length sleeves year in year out, all through summer, for the past fifteen years. I would love to wear short sleeves this year and be comfortable for once!

Years ago I tried some camouflage make up but it was just a big cakey orange patch on my arm that drew more attention than the scarring and I gave up. Now I'm wondering if there is anything better on the market? I am pale skinned but would fake tan in the summer to make it easier to blend in some makeup.

I have googled flesh-toned tattoos for a permanent remedy but am not sure how to go about it.

Any recommendations would be so gratefully received!

(I would love to just get my arms out anyway but I can't handle the questions and it makes me extremely uncomfortable, plus would be difficult at work).

CMOTDibbler Fri 12-May-17 07:40:30

I have big surgical scars on one arm (from above elbow to my knuckles is almost continuous and quite a few more. I've tried a few different things to cover them up, and the problem is you can't just cover the scar, you need to do your whole arm - and the other one to match which is a PITA.
The Sally Hansen airbrush legs stuff is good to blur things out a bit, and doesn't transfer. Its not full coverage though.
Another alternative is to use concealer on the scars, then MAC face and body foundation all over. I was shown how to use a slightly sparkly bronzing powder over it which then distracts even more.

Now I don't cover up my scars all the time, and you'd be surprised how people don't notice them, especially at work.

Deathraystare Fri 12-May-17 08:06:48

Do they still make Keromask? It was by Innoxa I think or there is Dermablend (Vichy?)

JessicaEccles Fri 12-May-17 16:13:47

Veil cover cream. Available off the internet. Start off with their trial pack, which has lots of different colours so you can experiment with blending.

LaserShark Fri 12-May-17 16:24:44

CMOT, that's the problem I guess, having to do the whole arm and then matching the other one. I don't know if there is really a practical solution; maybe I will look into the tattoos a bit more! Thanks for the recommendations, I have read that Dermablend is very cakey and not great for fair skin but will look into the others and maybe try the Sally Hansen stuff - a bit of blurring might do the trick.

Maplessglobe Fri 12-May-17 16:45:54

I know these guys -changing faces have a long waiting list and might not be quite what you're after but might be helpful for someone. They are generally happy to see anyone affected by any scars even if they are small- face or body- if they are bothering you.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now