Talk

Advanced search

Gross alert...picked toenails!

(18 Posts)
AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Thu 11-May-17 21:29:39

Please talk to me about making my toenails beac ready in a fortnight? Can I get gel nails or SOMETHING?

dogrilla Fri 12-May-17 17:19:00

Ha!! I do it too. You can get fake ones off amazon or a larger chemist - they should last a couple of days. When mine were really bad I used to get acrylic extensions welded on. They looked fantastic. Had the added bonus of being too hard to pick off so got me out of the habit of picking them while watching TV (kind of...).

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Sat 13-May-17 11:26:56

So glad I'm not alone in this minging habit! 😂

jeaux90 Sat 13-May-17 11:47:19

I have mine done with shellac. Last ages (and I swim a lot) and you can't pick them off grin

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Sat 13-May-17 12:52:37

Does shellac extend the nail? I'm a bit thick ehen it comes to things like this. Give me a four-pack of Carlsberg and a football game over a day getting mauled and freezing pampered any day! 😂

jeaux90 Sat 13-May-17 13:53:10

I'm with you, I outsource all my beauty stuff grin

No it doesn't extend them but if you need to you can have tips done and then shellac. Will be great for hols and your nails will grow underneath. Just make sure the tips are shortish.

Mines a pint and rugby personally smile

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Sat 13-May-17 13:57:02

I'm having a Carlsberg now!

No football, though. I'm watching crappy Lifetime movies on Kodi while DH vacumes around me! 😂

KoalaDownUnder Sat 13-May-17 15:42:28

Oh god, this is my guilty habit too. If I'm stressed or nervous I really go to town on them.

I've been known to just paint the skin and hope nobody notices. blush

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Sat 13-May-17 15:52:11

I never knew there were so many of us munters out there!

Does anyone else have a REALLY tiny little toenail too?

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Sat 13-May-17 15:58:49

MINGERS- not munters! I don't know how the hell autocorrect did that! Every time I tipe the letter F nowadays it autotypes fucknugget! DYAC and Damn You Mumsnet-lingo! 😂

ThisIsNotARealAvo Sat 13-May-17 16:10:53

I have no tiny toenails to speak of because I pick them so much! The rest of my toenails were shortish but ok, I sometimes get acrylic big toes for the summer. On the little toes I just paint the skin and if anyone has noticed they've never said.

Oldraver Sat 13-May-17 16:59:34

I dont so much pick them, but frequently have to cut manky bits off, hence usually wearing no peep toe sandals/shoes.

I did have to buy false toe nails (can't remember where from) for a wedding once...only one fell off in the car.

My little toe nail is virtually non existant when cut ...much to OH's amusement

dogrilla Sat 13-May-17 17:03:40

I paint the skin on my little toe too as there is no proper nail there now. Glad I'm not the only one! I pick my fingernails when I'm stressed and then get going on the toes when I've run out of nails. Minging.

NecklessMumster Sat 13-May-17 17:08:07

And me. I'd bite them if I was still bendy enough! I've booked a pedicure for next week and hoping one grows in time, and I manage not to peel at the others before hand

Oldraver Sat 13-May-17 17:08:51

I once had my Big toenail fall off....I also painted the skin...I dont think you could tell...

AllRoadsLeadBackToRadley Sat 13-May-17 17:14:04

I'm LOVING this thread- but also sort of hoping no one clicks on it as I'm "out" on here in RL, and it's gross! 😂

CabernetSauvignyoni Sat 13-May-17 18:18:23

Fellow nail pickers!! grin

I'd never considered fake toenails...I might need to look into this for summer. blush

OldJoseph Sat 13-May-17 18:24:10

Dsis has really long toenails and I can't understand how she has managed to not pick them.
I keep mine short which makes picking them impossible, as soon as there's a bit of growth though...off I go blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now