Talk

Advanced search

Summer (mini) splurge

(16 Posts)
Tatlerer Thu 11-May-17 18:00:54

Have gathered a little mini haul today thanks to this forum.
1) nip and fab glycolic pads: hoping for miraculous effects on my nose comadones
2) two summer frocks from m&s- following the link to the pink sack monstrosity lead me to two other gems
3) Charles worthington daily cleanse shampoo- actually that may have been from reading a magazine but hoping it works better than other shampoos I have which weigh down my fine hair
4) Roche la posay moisturiser for nightly use
5) L'Oréal sublime bronze gradual tan

Hooray. Bring on summer!!

Tatlerer Fri 12-May-17 20:18:12

Right, just me here then (waves into the void) but am going to report back anyway!
1) m and s dresses: fit well, great for upcoming holiday. Tick.
2) nip and fab pads- love 'em already! Like the reassuring tingle of my skin cells being fizzed away.
3) Charles worthington micellar shampoo and conditioner- only used once but jury's out. Hair feels as weighed down as it always does at the end of the day. Will give it a chance though.
4) la Roche posay moisturiser- gorgeous. light, comforting, skin didn't feel as greasy this morning
5) sublime bronze- work in progress!

Donttakemeout Fri 12-May-17 20:25:02

Planning my summer splurge on Sunday.
I'm looking for some hair products
Some lovely shower gel
Some summer clothes

Have you any pics of your dresses?

Frock links?

N&F pads are good. Thanks for reminding me to get some more.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-May-17 20:33:25

YY need links to the Non Monstrosity Dresses........

I have bought so far:
navy Converse to wear with jeans
navy M&S cropped leggings (not for RL but I can pooter about in them)
Sainsburys denim skirt
Sainsbury striped polo dress

(Just realised they're ALL navy )

Some cheapie long tops (Primark)

Shampoo/ Conditioner ( I've bought 3 x 1 Litre bottles + 2 x 1 Litre of conditioner) . Even allowing for sharing with DH/DS/DD , they'll last the year out .

I'm after a Chino style skirt (M&S) but I'm worried the length will be wrong.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 12-May-17 20:35:54

Ooh and I have my Elemis set , so far I've used the shower gel (sea lavender ) its ok but I wouldn't buy again.
Got a serum and Pro-Collagen (night) bit too heavy for this time of year though.
Face wash but I'm still using a sample size of it.

Tatlerer Fri 12-May-17 20:45:31

Oooh people! Actual people! Wildly waving here. Fab to hear of your summer buys! Keep 'em coming. Here are the frocks. Prefer the one on the right to the one on the left.

MorrisZapp Fri 12-May-17 20:48:09

This is random but Lisa Eldridge once swigged accidentally out of a bottle of micellar water and it burned her throat.

Tatlerer Fri 12-May-17 20:48:30

And then ordered these last night for a slightly more dressed-up look. Collecting on Sunday- I fear they may be a touch big (size 5) but I have another LK pair in a 4 that are like shoe-shaped vices so maybe they come up a wee bit small?

Tatlerer Fri 12-May-17 20:49:12

Morris argh!!

Donttakemeout Fri 12-May-17 21:09:22

I'm also planning on panic buying some swimwear .

I was looking at those shoes on the JL site earlier. They are gorgeous but so expensive. I've been looking for some black closed toe espadrilles forever.

I know those are neither black nor closed toe but they are v beautiful!

Tatlerer Fri 12-May-17 21:46:41

Yes remus. Far more than I wanted to pay. They're also out of stock everywhere it would seem, think I was lucky to pick a pair up.

Tatlerer Fri 12-May-17 21:49:01

What about these? Wide fit though...

I tried those M&S ones but they were far too wide/deep for my skinny little feet, even in a size down. sad sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now