Talk

Advanced search

Find me a top for these leather leggings...

(10 Posts)
thetroutofnocraic Thu 11-May-17 13:15:58

Oh wise ladies of Mumsnet S&B...I have a staff party next weekend and have these Autograph Leather fronted leggings.

www.marksandspencer.com/slim-leg-leather-and-ponte-jersey-trousers/p/p22286885

I've finally lost my 2 stone of baby weight however my shape is vastly different from the size 10-12 hourglass I was before. I have enormous boobs so anything strapless or thin strapped is a no-go (much as I adore floaty Bardot tops and those shoestring chiffon vest tops that are everywhere at the moment.)

Ideally I want something loose/long enough to hide the bit of belly I have without completely covering my bum (which looks good in these trousers!)

I've had the leg length altered to sit just above ankle bone and had them taken in to be more skinny fit at the ankle.

I'm 33, 5ft 5, size 12, 32H with a bit of mum tum. I'll be wearing either high black strappy sandals or tan leather peep toes. Not overly keen on anything too flowery looking though.

Thanks!!!

PotahtoPotayto Thu 11-May-17 14:51:27

What do you think of something like this?

PovertyJetset Thu 11-May-17 15:09:18

I would go for something very clean and simple like a slim fitting white t-shirt, or a pale pink silky shirt.

TheChineseChicken Thu 11-May-17 15:14:55

How about something like this?

ImperfectTents Thu 11-May-17 15:18:24

Go Brigette

Gingerbreadmam Thu 11-May-17 15:41:19

www.riverisland.com/women/tops/blouses/orange-mesh--batwing-top-703700

thetroutofnocraic Thu 11-May-17 18:43:06

I think I'd be a tad warm in a wooly jumper, potato grin

I like that top chinese, now, where might I find one?

Ginge that River Island top is a bit...er....ghastly! Sorry!

In theory, a clean white slim fit t-shirt is lovely , but with my mum tum and enormous boobs, I think I'll look like a continental quilt.

Brigitte's top looks promising...probably could get something similar in Zara?

PovertyJetset Thu 11-May-17 19:36:23

Zara would be a good place. You could wang on a pair of shape pants to smooth out your tum?

TheChineseChicken Fri 12-May-17 07:11:57

Well, I've been trying to find a top on the Zara website but a lot of it is pretty hideous! This could work though? m.zara.com/uk/en/woman/tops/view-all/printed-top-with-elastic-sleeves-c719021p4575053.html

Racheyg Fri 12-May-17 10:28:45

Op I wear my leather trousers with simple t-shirts. Which I dress up or down, with accessories

I have a nice white one from the kooples which has a great fit and slightly oversized so sits well, without clinging to my mum tum.

Congrats on the weight loss. Tell me your secret grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now