Talk

Advanced search

korean skincare

(19 Posts)
lifeistooshort Thu 11-May-17 09:51:18

Any recommendations of places to buy Korean products that is not too expensive? My yesstyle order never arrived and Amazon (heimish balm £29 really!) is quite overpriced. Where else can I try? Any ideas?

user1467976192 Thu 11-May-17 09:53:35

Boots now have a tiny selection I am watching for it growing with interest

XiCi Thu 11-May-17 09:58:10

I get alot from roseroseshop and Jolse. Also get bits and pieces from EBay.

YouWereRight Thu 11-May-17 10:02:19

Tk maxx often have bits in. I bought an Etude House cleanser and moisturiser and a Tony Moly foot mask, like footner, thing there a couple of weeks ago.

Ivory200 Thu 11-May-17 10:04:41

Beauty Pie has a few Korean items in their new skincare range

applepineapple Thu 11-May-17 10:04:57

Seconding Jolse and Ebay smile

lifeistooshort Thu 11-May-17 10:41:37

Thanks all, I will look into RoseRose and Jolse.

My local TK Maxx is a real jumble sale so little chance of finding an intact beauty product, let alone Korean.

Re Ebay, I am always a bit worried about fakes. How do you know the products you get are genuine?

Mominatrix Thu 11-May-17 10:55:53

On line? www.kglow.co.uk/?gclid=CPbo_4XJ59MCFeGd7QodlsUBVw

If in Sw london, the H mart should have skin care products.

lifeistooshort Thu 11-May-17 12:27:43

Thanks Momanix I will look at KGlow.

I just looked into Jolse and RoseRose but they seem to be US based and whenever I buy something from the US I end up having to pay customer charges plus the post office fee so I am a bit wary.

Argggh so hard to source!

totoromama Thu 11-May-17 12:30:05

Tony Moly stuff from Amazon is great especially the face masks.

Bisquick Thu 11-May-17 12:33:02

Korean grocery stores often also stock some face masks and a limited selection of other products. If you're in NW London the Seoul Foods near Golders Green station does!

IJustLostTheGame Thu 11-May-17 13:18:45

I buy from ebay and I check that the seller is based in Korea

applepineapple Thu 11-May-17 16:01:50

Jolse.com is definitely South Korea based and they mark their packages down so they're not picked up by customs. I've bought from them several times and never had an issue. Check out this link for shipping guides: https://www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/comments/5urylt/giantlistt_ofasiann_beautyonlinee_sellerspsa/?st=j1xu5f09&sh=4ed264cc

applepineapple Thu 11-May-17 16:04:46

Sorry, that link copied across strange. Try this: www.reddit.com/r/AsianBeauty/comments/5urylt/giant_list_of_asian_beauty_online_sellerspsa/?st=j1xu5f09&sh=4ed264cc

XiCi Thu 11-May-17 22:01:22

Hi OP. ROSEROSESHOP and Jolse are korean based. I have ordered from them many times and never had any problems with customs. When I first started using korean products I ordered through eBay alot, again with no problems. That Reddit list above is a good indicator of trusted sellers. Both jolse and roserose also sell through eBay.

Ollivander84 Thu 11-May-17 22:05:12

eBay. Jolse are lovely and refunded an order that didn't arrive - I've ordered loads and that's the first that didn't turn up
Also here has some http://www.kawaiipanda.co.uk and often TK maxx instore and online

lifeistooshort Fri 12-May-17 10:04:12

Ooh thanks for all the tips and for that very useful list. If it is Jolse and RoseRose are Korean based, it makes it simpler.

Still no sign of my YesStyle parcel or of a refund and their customer service is deadly silent. I am starting to think I won't either get my products or my money back!

lifeistooshort Fri 12-May-17 10:06:22

I really like of Kawai Panda thanks Ollivander. I might try one of their boxes. The prices appear reasonable too.

Ollivander84 Fri 12-May-17 10:09:22

Yes they're pretty good, I've had some lovely stuff and I like you can get a sheet mask box too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now