Talk

Advanced search

Can you return once used mascara to Boots?

(8 Posts)
DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 11-May-17 07:04:51

I bought yesterday La Rache-Posay's mascara - it was supposed to be for sensitive eyes blah blah blah. Put it on yesterday, had red eye all day. I think it's the smell that irritated them. If it was a normal mascara I would just take it onthe chin but I bought because it was supposed to not cause allergic reactions! Or should I get in contact with the manufacturer?

Headunderthecovers Thu 11-May-17 07:08:25

Speak to a manager in Boots. You could ring customer care 1st - the number on the back of the receipt. They are normally good about reactions to products.

honeylou42 Thu 11-May-17 07:10:13

Yes the should be fine about it , I took a nail varnish back once. I can't remember what the problem was but they were very good smile

AStickInTime Thu 11-May-17 07:13:41

Definitely do something about it, presumably other mascara products are fine and so should this one have been too! If you don't report it to someone, other people could get caught out too, and the more that it's reported the more people will be protected from buying a product that doesn't work as it says on the tin.

I'd go through Boots first, they can take it up with the manufacturer if they want to - there must be a procedure for this sort of thing?

MackerelOfFact Thu 11-May-17 07:15:10

You can't take it back used if you've simply changed your mind, but if the product isn't as described (ie. not suitable for sensitive eyes!) then you can definitely take it back. Go back to the counter, they'll probably let you swap it for something else or give you a refund.

TroysMammy Thu 11-May-17 07:18:37

I bought a new Rimmel mascara which didn't dry properly and gave me constant panda eyes. I read online that other people had the same issue. I wrote to Rimmel who contacted me and asked me to return the mascara, no cost to myself, and choose 2 of their products as compensation.

chloesmumtoo Thu 11-May-17 07:19:32

My dd suffers allergies and boots always tell us to return if a problem, we do buy the boots own brand though. Not sure about their policy on other brands sold in their shop though but worth a shot. Dd's worse reaction was to butter london once. Sent letter,pictures and product back to Butter London and they did not even reply/care or refund, wont ever use them again.

Crochita Thu 11-May-17 07:23:23

Yes. I often return used make up with no problems and Boots in particular are great for returning items.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now