Talk

Advanced search

Not exciting but which are the best trainer socks/ liners?

(25 Posts)
polyhymnia Wed 10-May-17 10:47:56

I know this one often comes up but would be grateful for suggestions. I particularly want:
- socks/liners which don't show above the tops of my trainers - or my skate shoes, which don't come up quite as high
- if possible, ones which also provide a good, non-sweaty 'cushion' effect I hate having painful rubbed/ blistered feet, specially on holiday.
Thanks.

AnnieAnoniMouse Wed 10-May-17 10:52:23

I find the sketchers ones really good, they have a tiny rubber pad in the heel that helps them stay in too

I'm a size 37 but buy something like a 30-35.

VictoriaMcdade Wed 10-May-17 11:00:05

The Sweaty Betty technical run socks are great. The comfiest trainer liners I've had, and they stay in place.

VictoriaMcdade Wed 10-May-17 11:01:12

Or if you are looking for something smaller - people rate the Falke invisible ones

PNGirl Wed 10-May-17 11:06:16

Converse ones from TK Maxx for me.

LittleG69 Wed 10-May-17 11:25:30

Converse from T K Mxx for me too. Quite thick though but stay in place

polyhymnia Sat 13-May-17 00:17:47

Thanks all. Plenty to try.

KoalaDownUnder Sat 13-May-17 03:08:13

Lightfeet are the best socks I've ever had.

Lightfeet.com.au

Rumpoleonthebaileys Sat 13-May-17 04:07:51

I just tried some of the invisible liners from primark and they are surprisingly good.

Mendeleyev Sat 13-May-17 09:24:32

I second Primark. The lacy ones are 2 for £2.50. They have a strip in the inside to stop them moving on your feet and they really don't t move. Very comfortable and small enough to wear with ballet flats too.

ASauvingnonADay Sat 13-May-17 09:28:35

M&s do good ones too

thedevilinablackdress Sat 13-May-17 10:33:29

H&M in the sports section. They have great ankle padding. Too high for skate shoes though.

TheHiphopopotamus Sat 13-May-17 10:42:39

I've had Falke and they were crap. They were something like 8 quid for 1 pair and they didn't even do the job. They managed to work themselves round my feet in seconds.

In my extensive (and I mean extensive 😒) research into the perfect no show trainer socks, the best I've ever had were from Amazon. They were about a fiver for 5 pairs and you get five different colours. They're called something like Malloom bamboo socks. They don't show above your trainers and they stay in place. The only downside is they take a few weeks to arrive.

McWeedie Sat 13-May-17 10:51:41

Converse from TK Maxx or Vans

autumnboys Sat 13-May-17 10:54:04

I wear Seasalt bamboo or cotton trainer liners & have been v pleased with them.

blodynmawr Sat 13-May-17 11:17:48

TheHipho I have ordered the Malloom socks of which you speak and am hoping they will be good when they get here early June. I have not got on with M&S ones in the past so hoping your extensive research pays off grin.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sat 13-May-17 11:19:06

I like the Vans ones. Or any that have a ridge around the foot so that they stay in place.

polyhymnia Sat 13-May-17 11:34:13

Thanks again. I haven't got on well with M and S, or with Calzedonia, so grateful for all the suggestions.

teawamutu Sat 13-May-17 15:17:55

Primark grey cotton mix, about 3 for 5 pairs. Never slip, don't cut in.

bojorojo Sat 13-May-17 16:22:16

Falke have just slipped off my feet too. At least they are half price at Bicester Village. I may try the bamboo ones from Amazon! Thanks.

camflower Tue 16-May-17 06:28:05

this is an interesting subject (not being sarcastic!) i've never had a decent pair. binned useless m&s liners and (pricy) timberland ones were even worse!

Ktown Tue 16-May-17 06:53:52

M and s have good ones but it is just one particular type - others weren't so good
They have jelly bits in

chloechloe Tue 16-May-17 08:39:54

I've tried various ones from super cheap to Falke and they all tend to fall off now and again.

I've come to the conclusion that whether they stay on has nothing to do with the sock but rather is dictated by the combination of shoe type / sock type / what nail varnish you're wearing on your toes / whether the stars are aligned. If you're running late or hours from being able to switch shoes you can guarantee they'll keep sliding off.

Having said that, hope never dies so I'm off to order these magic bamboo socks which may be the missing part of the equation...

blodynmawr Sat 03-Jun-17 20:23:42

The Malloom socks have arrived and so far are staying put. smile

MumBod Sat 03-Jun-17 20:39:26

Primark, no doubt. I bulk buy them. Brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now