Talk

Advanced search

Sporty one-piece swimsuit if you're long in the body?

(11 Posts)
hippospot Tue 09-May-17 08:25:04

Can anyone please recommend a brand or style? I need one for swimming lengths - needs to be practical and comfortable, preferably with crossover back so the straps don't fall off my shoulders.

I have a two piece shorty type (sporty tankini) but I'd prefer a one-piece (the other set is getting old and baggy, the top rides up).

Thanks!

LadyLapsang Tue 09-May-17 10:06:33

J Crew, Lands' End and Boden (only 1 style) all do long torso styles. J Crew's look particularly special but they are in the region of £130. I have one by Jantzen which was not sold as long torso but fits fine.

LadyLapsang Tue 09-May-17 10:17:12

Long Tall Sally has some much more reasonably priced offerings (about £35) but the racer back ones don't seem to be available in small sizes.

rightsofwomen Tue 09-May-17 10:29:00

LTS starts at size 10. I am an 8. Ya boo.

rightsofwomen Tue 09-May-17 10:29:23

For swimsuits anyway.

problembottom Tue 09-May-17 11:24:10

I have a long torso and bought this in the blue, it stays put and looks stylish:

www.sweatybetty.com/clothing/swimwear/swimsuits/blue-free-dive-swimsuit/

BitOutOfPractice Tue 09-May-17 13:36:20

Dob't buy speedo. Unless you want to be sliced in half lengthways directly through your fanjo.

sanitygirl Tue 09-May-17 14:53:59

I am tall with a long torso and have tried many swimming costumes. Agree that Speedo are hopeless. My current (and best) one is a Zoggs strikeback style - like these www.zoggs.com/swimwear/womens-swimwear?back=528
I think the open back style works well as it allows more stretch lengthwise. I always buy a size up from my usual size.

sanitygirl Tue 09-May-17 15:00:29

This style also looks good as the straps are adjustable
www.sportsdirect.com/zoggs-nava-starback-swimsuit-ladies-354182?colcode=35418299&src=google&gclid=CjsKDwjw0cXIBRCxjqnE3K3sHhIkAL1LezTV85HUDoTbMXeCcXsUPTbgEPtWcQXSg3fhjq_bKN11GgKSnfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

hippospot Tue 09-May-17 21:10:09

Thanks everyone.

Well I did find a Speedo one that fit though I had to size up massively. I'm going to assume the sizing is weird as I'm usually a 10-12 yet the label of this one says 16!

I needed one quickly and didn't want to gamble online, so went to my local department store and tried on 10, as you do.

Thoroughly depressing experience sad
Sporty swimsuits are so unflattering. I'm muscular with small boobs so I guess it was never going to go well.

BitOutOfPractice Tue 09-May-17 21:16:09

They really do not flatter do they? Squash the boobs, show every bump and cut in everywhere

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now