Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What does dry brushing do ..... apart from hurt?

(11 Posts)
bblondemoment Mon 08-May-17 12:27:14

Despite regular exercise and drinking 1.5 litres of water everyday I've got this bloody ridge of the back of my thigh halfway up and NOWT I do shifts it. I've been (vigorously) body brushing everyday before my shower for about 6 weeks now and there's no viable improvement angry
Anyone's who body brushes can advise if it'll eventually improve or shall I just bin the brush?

DavetheCat2001 Mon 08-May-17 13:36:48

No help at all I know, but I've been regularly body brushing too after reading how smazing it's supposed to be etc, but to be honest the only positive I've noticed is my skin feels a bit smoother/ knees not quite so rough.

bblondemoment Mon 08-May-17 19:47:24

Shamefully bumping for evening crowd blush

sprinklesofweirdness Mon 08-May-17 19:56:30

What is dry brushing?

missing the point of the thread

Betterloveme Mon 08-May-17 20:00:22

Snap. It helps with the appearance but does bugger all for cellulite as far as I can tell!

skippy67 Mon 08-May-17 20:00:59

For me, it definitely makes my cellulite much less noticeable. I usually start doing it a couple of months before I go on holiday. And I don't find that it hurts.

Doobigetta Mon 08-May-17 20:05:47

It has definitely been the main factor in banishing my cellulite.

specialsubject Mon 08-May-17 20:08:43

No evidence at all. If the massage feels good, do it. If it hurts, dont.

If there is any mention of toxins, that is cobblers.

PugwallsSummer Mon 08-May-17 21:08:07

It makes my skin soft. When I'm at my ideal weight it seems to have a impact on the appearance of my bum & thighs. At the minute I'm 12Ib over my best weight though so no amount of brushing is going to make those areas look better unfortunately.

Piratesandpants Mon 08-May-17 22:31:53

Those who have found it effective, how long do you brush for and how often?

LiquoriceWheel Tue 09-May-17 08:42:07

Dry brushing always irritated my skin and I end up really itchy so I don't bother with it anymore.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: