Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What does dry brushing do ..... apart from hurt?

(11 Posts)
bblondemoment Mon 08-May-17 12:27:14

Despite regular exercise and drinking 1.5 litres of water everyday I've got this bloody ridge of the back of my thigh halfway up and NOWT I do shifts it. I've been (vigorously) body brushing everyday before my shower for about 6 weeks now and there's no viable improvement angry
Anyone's who body brushes can advise if it'll eventually improve or shall I just bin the brush?

DavetheCat2001 Mon 08-May-17 13:36:48

No help at all I know, but I've been regularly body brushing too after reading how smazing it's supposed to be etc, but to be honest the only positive I've noticed is my skin feels a bit smoother/ knees not quite so rough.

bblondemoment Mon 08-May-17 19:47:24

Shamefully bumping for evening crowd blush

sprinklesofweirdness Mon 08-May-17 19:56:30

What is dry brushing?

missing the point of the thread

Betterloveme Mon 08-May-17 20:00:22

Snap. It helps with the appearance but does bugger all for cellulite as far as I can tell!

skippy67 Mon 08-May-17 20:00:59

For me, it definitely makes my cellulite much less noticeable. I usually start doing it a couple of months before I go on holiday. And I don't find that it hurts.

Doobigetta Mon 08-May-17 20:05:47

It has definitely been the main factor in banishing my cellulite.

specialsubject Mon 08-May-17 20:08:43

No evidence at all. If the massage feels good, do it. If it hurts, dont.

If there is any mention of toxins, that is cobblers.

PugwallsSummer Mon 08-May-17 21:08:07

It makes my skin soft. When I'm at my ideal weight it seems to have a impact on the appearance of my bum & thighs. At the minute I'm 12Ib over my best weight though so no amount of brushing is going to make those areas look better unfortunately.

Piratesandpants Mon 08-May-17 22:31:53

Those who have found it effective, how long do you brush for and how often?

LiquoriceWheel Tue 09-May-17 08:42:07

Dry brushing always irritated my skin and I end up really itchy so I don't bother with it anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now