Talk

Advanced search

Bicester Village

(9 Posts)
Swimminguphill Sun 30-Apr-17 20:44:01

Hi everyone,

I am considering visiting Bicester Village. Is it worth the trip? How much should I have in mind to spend if I am looking for e.g. a bag, a jacket and some jeans... I do like and follow fashion but am not a high end label person usually. I go for quality and cut in general. Should I research the brands and have a shopping list or just go with the flow on the day?

Oldraver Sun 30-Apr-17 20:54:58

Yes I would research the shops as they have changed over the years and are now very high end with just a few odd high street . They seem to of eased out shops at the lower end of the market.

It depends what your looking for

Swimminguphill Sun 30-Apr-17 21:00:31

I would be open to any brand but not at any price! Is it more for people who want e.g. Burberry or is it fun to browse for anyone looking for an interesting piece? Are the prices still pretty astronomical? E.g. Could I get a nice leather bag for under £200? Jeans for under £100? A jacket (not leather) ditto for perhaps slightly more... Don't want to go and feel depressed.

aniceearlynight Sun 30-Apr-17 21:17:28

I shop at Bicester a lot and think it's always a good idea to visit with a shopping list as otherwise you can get sucked into buying 'bargains' just because they're marked down and seem like a great deal on the day.

There are lots of very high end brands there but there are also some great places where you should certainly be able to get a bag for less than £200 – I would recommend Italian brands Coccinelle and Furla for excellent quality bags that you won't see people carrying on the high street. There's also a Kate Spade, DKNY, a big Coach and a Longchamp (lots of Le Pliages in past season colours). English high street brands are represented by LK Bennett and Reiss and at the other end of the scale there's Prada, St Laurent, Gucci etc.

Jeans I'm not so sure about. Don't know how much choice there would be. I personally wouldn't go to Bicester looking for jeans, although there is a Levis there.

In terms of jackets there is a huge variety from Superdry to Dior, so it depends what sort of thing you're looking for, really. There will be plenty for about £100-150.

I like to buy coats, jackets and shoes from Bicester as I have expensive tastes and a high street budget!

LettuceMash Sun 30-Apr-17 21:19:49

I think its absolutely dire, and unless you live very nearby I wouldn't bother going.

caroldecker Sun 30-Apr-17 21:21:13

I got a All Saints leather biker jacket for £60. It depends how far you are travelling.

WingsClipped Sun 30-Apr-17 21:26:16

They have a private sale on this week. Lots of shops participating and extra 20% off lots of items.

VerySadInside Sun 30-Apr-17 21:27:34

There's a new Mulberry store for a bag. They had a large tote in the sale for £250ish last time I was there, it was black too, my pal bought one,

Crumbs1 Sun 30-Apr-17 22:13:16

We go en route to Birmingham but I've never been impressed. Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth is nice environment, better shopping and wider choice of restaurants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now