We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lots of grey hairs at 24!

(17 Posts)
hairhelppleasex Sat 29-Apr-17 20:45:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:01:10

You could try a few highlights? Thats what i did when i was going a bit grey.

hairhelppleasex Sat 29-Apr-17 21:10:02

neveradullmoment99 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:24:07

Its hard to tell without knowing what colour your hair is. I had very dark hair in my twenties and found that i suited caramel type tones. Browse pinterest, speak to the hairdresser. Avoid chunky highlights .
Something done finely and subtly would look great - picture the sun slightly lightening your hair.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:25:33

highlight ideas

neveradullmoment99 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:26:07

Sorry didnt see you said you have brown hair. The link may help anyway smile

neveradullmoment99 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:27:09

Sometimes the hairdresser put a couple of tones of caramel through my hair smile

hairhelppleasex Sat 29-Apr-17 21:30:48

neveradullmoment99 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:41:00

I would try and put in lighter shades of what you have already. Should blend the grey. I have been going grey since i was your age and rest assured, i am only now really grey so it can take ages smile Your hairdresser will advise best. You could take some ideas with you.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:42:15

Oh and i dont see any grey. You will notice it more than others.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:43:37

Also, what i used to do when my hair was getting more grey was to have my hair dyed with a semi then highlights over the top. It is an upkeep though but worth it for a while anyway.

hairhelppleasex Sat 29-Apr-17 21:45:26

girlandboy Sat 29-Apr-17 21:48:02

I started going grey at 20 and until last year just used semi permanent dyes when I could be bothered and they weren't much hassle and didn't ruin the condition of my hair. I'm 51 now and embracing the grey! By the way, I can't see any greys on your picture, and you're very pretty! smile

neveradullmoment99 Sat 29-Apr-17 21:50:21

Yes, i used semis too. I am 49 and tempted to embrace girlandboy but I have long hair and dont want to cut it. I cant imagine how i would grow out my current dye now. Ideas?

girlandboy Sat 29-Apr-17 22:03:08

neveradull I've literally gone cold turkey with growing it out. I actually used a permanent dye last time, which I feel cross about because I have a badger stripe now! But basically I'm past caring what other people think and I'm just going with it! I'm about 9 months in with about 4 or 5 inches of grey growth. I've got a shoulder length bob so not particularly long though.

neveradullmoment99 Sat 29-Apr-17 22:22:09

Not sure if i can go cold turkey. Currently my roots are a few cm's so not much but my hair is past my shoulders so fear it will make me feel shit when I look in the mirror. Was going to henna tomorrow as my powder root cover up is now really doing a great job now but i really cba!!!!!

Ivory200 Sun 30-Apr-17 17:35:30

EverPro hair colour powder. Magic!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now