Talk

Advanced search

Molly jeggings!

(18 Posts)
987flowers Sat 29-Apr-17 19:20:04

After reading a thread about them (I think on here) I tried some on today and they made me feel fat! I tried a size 10 on and couldn't get them on at all. I'm 5 ft 7 and 9 stone so normally am fine with a 10!!!

Anyone any advice for jeans that I can get into.
Thanks

BusterGonad Sat 29-Apr-17 19:31:17

Do you mean the River Island ones? I love them but the thighs go and my thighs are not fat chubby things either! I'll still buy them though as they skim my belly nicely and give me a waist!

987flowers Sat 29-Apr-17 19:56:40

Yes that's right! I know sizing shouldn't matter really but they seemed tiny.

BusterGonad Sat 29-Apr-17 20:08:21

Mmmm....I found them to be true to size, I suppose it depends on where you usually shop, I favor Oasis and Warehouse and never normally stray from a 14.

FluffyBathTowel Sat 29-Apr-17 20:10:54

I have a pair of the black mollys which I like but for blue skinny jeans I prefer the RI Amelie's

BusterGonad Sat 29-Apr-17 20:45:56

What are the Amelie's like fluffy? I'm in the market for some new jeans.

FluffyBathTowel Sat 29-Apr-17 20:57:23

I find them nore jean like rather than jeggings which I like but they still have a stretch in them and keep their shape really well. Plus hold everything in a bit. Mid rise rather than low.

BusterGonad Sat 29-Apr-17 21:03:27

I may have to try them, the Molly are good but wear through very quickly. Thanks fluffy. wink

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 29-Apr-17 21:10:06

RI Amelie are my go to because i have skinny calves and all other skinny jeans just bag, despite the fatness of my upper legs hmm

They have a good elastane ratio and are mid rise so everything gets held in nicely, which I find jeggings just dont do. But then I need the Spanxy element much more than it sounds you do!

987flowers Sat 29-Apr-17 22:05:44

BusterGonad I'm a ten in warehouse, got a few pairs of trousers from there and all fine.

Maybe it was the cut although my legs are really skinny so I don't normally wear skinny jeans as it looks like I have 2 bits of thread hanging down grin. I have m&s jeggings which suit me as they aren't as tight as the Molly was.

Perhaps I'll try the Amelie as I'd like more of a jean I think. But then I'm also wondering whether to go for a different cut for the summer to wear converse with. I think I need time to try loads on, I was with my 8 yr old who was getting bored!!!!

PaperdollCartoon Sun 30-Apr-17 00:16:53

The ASOS Rivington high waist jeggings are my go-to. Great fit, skinny with stretch and a good legging/jean combo.

BusterGonad Sun 30-Apr-17 05:04:41

I've just looked up the Amelie jean but I'm not sure, I like a higher rise as I have a tummy, but love a skinny leg as my legs are slim! I'll have to try them on. The Mollys are tight Op, they take some getting used too! grin

lotusbomb Sun 30-Apr-17 05:14:21

I'm another one whos a fan of the Amelie. And believe me, there is a Tummy to contend with! They do the job very nicely smile

FluffyBathTowel Sun 30-Apr-17 08:59:55

Buster the Amelie definitely have a higher rise. I wouldn't have them anywhere near me if they had a low rise grin

FluffyBathTowel Sun 30-Apr-17 10:16:04

Are you sure you picked up the right size OP or they weren't labelled incorrectly as they should have fitted you. I'm a 10 in RI jeans that have elastin in them and a 12 in jeans that have no stretch. If a warehouse 10 fits you i think a RI 10 should as I'm mainly a 12 in warehouse bottoms unless they're mega stretchy.

BusterGonad Sun 30-Apr-17 13:19:51

Thanks fluffy I'll hunt them down! 😂 what I want is a black and a indigo or or grey pair but the long length ones seem to be sold out! I'll keep my beady eyes on the website! grin

BusterGonad Sun 30-Apr-17 13:20:37

And lotus!

987flowers Mon 01-May-17 00:30:36

Ok, I'll go back (without small child and give a few pairs a go!)
Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now