Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Lovely things to make me feel nice on holiday?!

(11 Posts)
Mollylovehart Sat 29-Apr-17 14:05:49

Budget is pretty tight but we've managed to scrape together enough money for a holiday.

I'm not able to afford a new wardrobe for this holiday like I normally would so was wondering what little additions I could buy to make myself feel nice?

I've just bought a cheap bodychain off eBay for £2 probably won't last longer than one day but thought that might pep up an older bikini.

Any more ideas??

leccybill Sat 29-Apr-17 14:43:47

Nice straw hat. Kaftan?
Primark is great for cheap beach essentials.

ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Sat 29-Apr-17 14:47:52

Give yourself a good mani and pedi (or get them done if you can afford it)

Get a bikini wax, and other bits if you want, armpits, legs etc. Personally I can't be bothered letting them grow.

Start exfoliating and moisturising now do your skin feels lovely.

I use a homemade coffee body scrub for cellulite from a Pinterest recipe (so easy!) to smooth out my lumpy bits.

So jealous of your hols. I need one. In fact, I might have a look smile

Mollylovehart Sat 29-Apr-17 15:22:22

What's the scrub recipe please?
My cellulite scares me!!

ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Sat 29-Apr-17 16:47:00

Ingredients:
½ cup coffee grounds
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup olive oil
Instructions:
Mix ingredients together in large bowl
Apply in a circular motion to targeted areas on the body (approx. 5 min)
Rinse off with warm water
Pat dry with a towel
The caffeine and antioxidants in the coffee grounds stimulate and dilate your blood vessels, which tones and tightens the tissue. The sugar further helps exfoliate and the olive oil gives a big dose of hydration and plumping.
I think you're supposed to use the offer from a machine after you've used it, but I just used it raw!

ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Sat 29-Apr-17 16:47:17

*coffee not offer

Mollylovehart Sat 29-Apr-17 20:20:56

Does it really make a difference?

ICanTuckMyBoobsInMyPockets Sat 29-Apr-17 20:40:22

I found it did. It's not instant, 2 or 3 times a week and I reckon you'll notice a difference after 4 weeks.

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 29-Apr-17 21:16:57

I wear really simple stuff when I go on holiday -t-shirts/trousers/sandals etc in plain colours, but I always really enjoy the time I take after a day by the pool to have a shower, do my hair and put my make up on. I may only be going down to sit at the bar for a couple of hours but I find it sooo relaxing. So for me, I always take nice shower gel/face masks/shampoo etc.
I also completely cheat and take fake tan with me to get a head start. Nothing like looking in the mirror after a couple of days and thinking 'Yesss!'

KourtneyKardashian Sat 29-Apr-17 21:29:11

Fake tan is a must. A bottle Johnson holiday sun about 2 weeks before and you'll be a lovely colour before you go.

Primark is brilliant for holiday stuff. 1 Kaftan, 1 bikini, 1 pair of shorts and a few vests in different colours, I got for about £25.

Chicinwellies Sat 29-Apr-17 22:50:47

A perfume for holiday. Laura mercier perhaps and exfoliate then r M z

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: