Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Wrinkly post-baby tum - am I stuck with it?

(14 Posts)
Bubbinsmakesthree Sat 29-Apr-17 12:49:20

Vanity post...

I'm 4 weeks post-partum and my tummy is shrinking back to it's normal size - I'm quite slim so it's a little bit squishy still but more or less flat.

However after having an absolutely massive bump my skin over tummy has gone a bit wrinkly. Will this improve over time or am I stuck with it?

rightknockered Sat 29-Apr-17 13:31:33

I'm in awe that your tummy is flat 4 weeks pp.
You'll just have to wait and see if the skin goes a bit. After my first I was back to normal, not so much now after a few more

user1492526833 Sat 29-Apr-17 13:33:38

Lucky you don't have stretch marks. I'm 1.6 years pp and have a wrinkly pouch at 24 sad

prettywhiteguitar Sat 29-Apr-17 13:34:09

It takes about 18months but mine is less wrinkly now !

Dozer Sat 29-Apr-17 13:34:20

Congratulations!

Still v early days!

Cel982 Sat 29-Apr-17 13:36:12

Mine went back to pretty much normal after the first one, aside from the stretch marks.

38 weeks now with No. 2 and everything feels a lot more 'stretched' than last time...

Bubbinsmakesthree Sat 29-Apr-17 15:13:17

Thanks all. Realise I am lucky that have escaped stretch marks etc. This is baby 2 and after my first my stomach went back to 'normal' after a bit but i don't remember having the wrinkly skin at any stage.

Hadenoughtoday01 Sat 29-Apr-17 15:23:36

I work out a lot - Pilates yoga running - and did so through both my pregnancies. I've always been slim and regained my tummy immediately both times. But second time around I'm afraid my tummy has got wrinkles but only I notice them. My DD turns 4 on 8 May and I can see it when I do a downward dog (yoga pose) it's not too bad but after two pregnancies you can't really expect to have the same body. It's given you two babies so love and accept it.

Tubbyinthehottub Sat 29-Apr-17 15:29:39

It goes back to more or less normal

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 29-Apr-17 16:16:12

Pilates, yoga and swimming have all helped mine remain taut.

Wigeon Sat 29-Apr-17 16:19:03

Mine is much better than it was but I've still got a circular patch about 10cm diameter round my tummy button which is wrinkly. Youngest DC is almost 6...rest of my stomach is flat and slim. Oh well, only DH and the DC see it, and they don't care. I never wore bikinis before DC and don't wear them now either.

Cakescakescakes Sat 29-Apr-17 16:39:03

Mine went back to normal first time but after giant second baby is still wrinkly round my belly button after 2 yrs. I think it's just going to be like that now.

Funnyonion17 Sat 29-Apr-17 16:42:23

Some people it fades, others are stuck with it. I got stretch marks but no sagging or wrinkles, I'm about to give birth to DC3 and it's looking to be the same. My belly button never popped and my belly never really got solid. I've always been a bit wobbly and curvy, never wash board slim.

starsinyourpies Sat 29-Apr-17 19:02:36

Try a decent moisturiser, or just baby oil, to keep it really supple.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now