Talk

Advanced search

Capsule wardrobe.

(10 Posts)
MotherOfDragon Sat 29-Apr-17 11:01:37

I am in the process of putting together a capsule wardrobe from the depths of my current wardrobe. I would greatly appreciate any tips. As a 34G I'm not finishing it easy to look stylish without stepping into matronly territory, which is all to easy!

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 30-Apr-17 14:35:10

How old are you? I can't look stylish in anything, to be fair, and I'm pushing 50 - just trying to avoid looking either muttony or too frumpy.

Note3 Sun 30-Apr-17 14:40:24

I'd like to set up a capsule wardrobe. A friend recently suggested looking to pinterest for ideas but I've not had a chance yet

I have billions of clothes but often struggle to find something to wear confused

mummyrabbitpeppapig Sun 30-Apr-17 14:46:28

Aren't you supposed to have tailored items in white and navy blue as part of a capsule wardrobe?

April241 Sun 30-Apr-17 14:49:53

Have you checked YouTube for videos? Lots of vloggers have videos on it, it's inspired me to do one but I don't know where to start either. Cleared out all the junk so far though!

dinosaursandtea Sun 30-Apr-17 14:59:56

OP, I'm 42F and have a capsule wardrobe - I love it! I live in long sleeved t shirts from Boden, GAP jeans and jersey blazers l.

ontherightpath Sun 30-Apr-17 15:20:50

I've found these blogs helpful:

insideoutstyleblog.com/category/wardrobe/capsule-wardrobes

www.theviviennefiles.com/p/starting-from-scratch_15.html

www.lookingstylish.co.uk

Dulcimena Sun 30-Apr-17 16:03:07

What situations do you need to dress for?
What do you like wearing and feel confident in (or never wear)?
Which colours suit you?
What do you already have?

Once you've sorted the above, you can start to identify what you actually need. A capsule wardrobe should be tailored to you and your lifestyle, it's not a universal list of garments/colours.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sun 30-Apr-17 17:09:52

Capsule wardrobe and autumn colours don't really go together, do they.
No black, no white, no grey, no navy - none of these are on my list.
(Goes back to wearing whatever)

lancashirebornandbred Sun 30-Apr-17 17:14:41

Hi, sorry to hijack, but just to ask dinosaursandtea where she buys her jersey blazers from. Have you seen any this year? I am on the lookout for something (not a cardigan) to smarten up a few outfits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now