Talk

Advanced search

Plys size walking trousers

(12 Posts)
AnythingConsidered Sat 29-Apr-17 08:13:17

Posted in weight chat too as wasn't sure where was best to ask!

Anyone recommend a good place to buy plus sized walking trousers? It's like manufacturers think larger ladies won't want to be active!! I am training for Snowdon and need new trousers but struggling.

I am currently somewhere between a size 22-24 but all the main places near me (Mountain Warehouse, Go Outdoors, Cotswold Outdoor) only go to size 20 (& seem small sizing)

I am 2 stone down and hope to lose more, but not certain it will result in dress size drop or in time... besides I want walking trousers for now!

Arghhh... any recommendations out there?

ilovecherries Sat 29-Apr-17 08:47:06

Anything here that works for you? www.curvissa.co.uk/fashion/sportswear/walking-trousers/_/N-1iZ1z141u3Z1z140gh

bingohandjob Sat 29-Apr-17 09:02:59

The selection for women for walking/cycling/climbing/skiing if you've got thighs/muscly calves or go past certain size etc is rubbish....I've bought men's before as range, colour and style often loads better and taken to seamstress to adjust length. Good luck on your training!

You might want to give these a gander as might be flexible in their fit www.rohan.co.uk/womens-travel-and-outdoor-trousers-in-long-leg-lengths-Troggings?ocode=03099595

MissCherryCakeyBun Sat 29-Apr-17 09:16:29

Tell me about it 😡😡😡 I recently had a holiday in America and got 2 fantastic ladies walking shirts in size 22 just didn't have the time to try trousers.
My experience is you can get( not easily) up to a small size 22 in regatta but only online. They do zip offs, standard long legs and cropped and they wash and don't chafe/ rub
I am also looking for plus size cycling shorts and tops and it's impossible without paying £60+ to get cycling shorts in a proper size 22.
I'm overweight but active and struggle to find proper activity clothing.
I will admit I do wear what the hell I like to hike mind you... the attached photo is of me hiking the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.... my normal clothes with a pair of Evans antirub shorts underneath gringrin

MissCherryCakeyBun Sat 29-Apr-17 09:16:49

Tell me about it 😡😡😡 I recently had a holiday in America and got 2 fantastic ladies walking shirts in size 22 just didn't have the time to try trousers.
My experience is you can get( not easily) up to a small size 22 in regatta but only online. They do zip offs, standard long legs and cropped and they wash and don't chafe/ rub
I am also looking for plus size cycling shorts and tops and it's impossible without paying £60+ to get cycling shorts in a proper size 22.
I'm overweight but active and struggle to find proper activity clothing.
I will admit I do wear what the hell I like to hike mind you... the attached photo is of me hiking the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.... my normal clothes with a pair of Evans antirub shorts underneath gringrin

bingohandjob Sat 29-Apr-17 09:25:29

You look fantastic in that photo! I bet you felt amazing amongst the people in their various shades of khaki grin

bingohandjob Sat 29-Apr-17 09:27:53

Might be worth getting in touch with www.corinnedennis.co.uk to ask about cycling gear....I'm sure I read on a cycling forum they've been able to supply 20+ sizes.

PossumInAPearTree Sat 29-Apr-17 09:32:17

Men's section for sure. It is crazy. Same with ski gear, gym gear.....

CaulkheadNorth Sat 29-Apr-17 09:34:44

A tall female friend always gets men's ones as they are longer.

Have you tried tkmaxx? Ours has a lot and the brands are quiet non conventional so they may be some you haven't come across.

AnythingConsidered Sat 29-Apr-17 10:03:58

Thanks everyone, will take a look at suggestions.

CherryCake you look fab. Maybe I should go down that route!!!

MissCherryCakeyBun Sat 29-Apr-17 15:44:31

Thanks ladies I wear vintage/50's everyday everywhere complete with petticoats.
The only problem with men's stuff is to get it over curvaceous pips it's HUGE around the waist and long in the body.

Life is too short for boring clothes grin

Phillipa12 Sat 29-Apr-17 15:58:37

Silly question but had you thought about running tights? I used to wear hiking trousers but switched to running tights as found them far more comfortable and most companies like tikaboo and supermarkets do sell larger sizes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now