Talk

Advanced search

Liz Earle- worth it?

(41 Posts)
gottaloveascamhun Sat 29-Apr-17 08:01:54

Thinking of buying the Liz Earle hot cloth polish, toner and moisturiser with a birthday voucher. Any reviews?

Semaphorically Sat 29-Apr-17 08:02:55

It makes me break out, but lots of other people love it. Try and get a tester first.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 29-Apr-17 08:07:40

I prefer Clinique take the day off, it shifts waterproof mascara too and is perfume free.

Nanasueathome Sat 29-Apr-17 08:10:04

I like it
If you are able to buy from Liz Earle directly they always include a little extra too

Lolimax Sat 29-Apr-17 08:13:12

I daren't use anything else. It's a lot to spend if you won't end up liking it but I've used it for years and love it. Could you go to a John Lewis where they have a counter to try it?

ExplodingCarrots Sat 29-Apr-17 08:15:47

I couldn't get on with the hot cloth cleanser but I like their spritz toner and repair moisturiser. I agree, get testers first.

Iamastonished Sat 29-Apr-17 08:20:27

I have used Liz Earle, then Superdrug's Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth cleanser, and quite honestly I wouldn't waste your money on the Liz Earle stuff. The Superdrug version is every bit as good. It is also cruelty free.

I am currently using The Bodyshop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter which is also brilliant.

Both the Superdrug and Bodyshop products get justifiably 5 star user reviews.

LadyOfTheCanyon Sat 29-Apr-17 08:23:49

I say this A LOT but cleanser isn't worth spending tons on in my opinion. The Superdrug Vitamin E one is cheap as chips and just as good if you want a creamy cleanser. It's also good if you don't get on with essential oils as the LE one has a few in.
That said, I spend shitloads on skincare so I'm not against being spendy in principle. I just think something you wipe on and off again shouldn't be the biggest ££ in your regime.

Canshopwillshop Sat 29-Apr-17 08:34:34

I love Liz Earle stuff but am interested in what Lady said about cleansers. I might try the Superdrug version. I do love the Liz Earle super skin moisturiser and eye cream though and it lasts ages so it's worth it.

dailystuck71 Sat 29-Apr-17 08:38:19

The Superdrug one on me was very drying. I like LE. Buy from qvc. If you don't like it you can return in 30 days.

Iamastonished Sat 29-Apr-17 08:43:58

daily which one? Some might find the Naturally Radiant one drying. I find the vitamin E one too rich. The Bodyshop stuff is amazing and not at all drying.

dailystuck71 Sat 29-Apr-17 08:55:57

Both of them sadly. I had high hopes after reading about them on here. Both caused problems over my jaw line and the beige coloured one which I think is the vit e one caused so much dryness I was actually able to peel skin off my eyelids.

dailystuck71 Sat 29-Apr-17 08:56:33

I'm currently using the number 7 one which seems good.

newpup Sat 29-Apr-17 09:23:46

I love it! decided to try it when I turned 40 a couple of years ago as it had such great reviews. Never went back to anything else! Leaves my sensitive skin smooth and polished.

katiegg Sat 29-Apr-17 09:27:41

I love the Liz Earle cleanser, lovely smell and makes me feel lovely and clean. As others have said, there are others that are less expensive that are just as good. It's very nice as a treat though!

I've never used the moisturisers or toners though.

TittyGolightly Sat 29-Apr-17 09:28:55

Used to love it. Then they changed the recipe and now it's shit.

upinthesky Sat 29-Apr-17 09:50:59

Me and my family love it, I just can't always afford it! ☹️

If you buy it from qvc (they almost always have it in some kind of bundle buy) you can try it for 30 days and if you don't like it for ANY reason you can send back what you have left and get a full refund!

So if you love it you can keep it, if you don't like it, you don't even have to have a reason, you can send it back no problems and you haven't lost anything! I've done it a few times on qvc when things haven't been good for me and there's never any issue. It's part of their USP I believe smile

Mindgone Sat 29-Apr-17 11:04:34

I love it too, and would def agree with trying it from qvc. I've sent things back before with no probs too. If you end up loving it and want to buy again, you get better deals and great freebies on the Liz Earle website.

MitzyLeFrouf Sat 29-Apr-17 11:15:04

I don't like it. It dried my skin out and caused lots of little pimply bumps beneath the skin. Much prefer the Body Shop Camomile cleansers.

ktjb39 Sat 29-Apr-17 11:16:30

I love it - currently trying to cut down on spending and trying the Superdrug vitamin e one instead - it is just as good but I don't like smell and desperate to use it up and get back to Liz Earle! I would say if you are not bothered about the scent then it's not worth it but it is a lovely product.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 29-Apr-17 11:20:34

The Liz Earle moisturisers cause me to have really bad breakouts.

neighbourhoodwitch Sat 29-Apr-17 11:27:15

Liz earle is the best! Been using it for 20 years & wouldn't use anything else!

Rockspin Sat 29-Apr-17 11:35:53

I use a lot of Liz Earle (I'm another one who buys from QVC) some things are great, others not so much IMO.
Hot cloth cleanser - works wonderfully for me, just in the original formula though, none of the limited editions ever seem as good.
Skin Tonic - my absolute hero product. I use as a toner and no matter how rubbish I feel or look I always look and feel better after using it. I also keep a spray version in the fridge and I spray over make up for a lovely refreshing spritz. Also it's so pure and kind to skin my little girl loves it especially if she has a little graze, she often asks for a bit as it soothes and cools the skin. Love it, wouldn't want to be without it.
Eye bright - second favourite product! I keep this in the fridge and use it every morning. A little goes a long way, and it reduces puffiness and soothes gritty eyes and brightens the whole area.
Moisturisers - I use the every day cream and it's OK but I do switch it with other creams (Nivea light Moisturiser is my favourite of all time) , but mother in law swears by superskin and the matching serum.
Orange blossom shower gel - it's OK but over priced and smells a bit medicinal to me. Lasts a long time though, DH uses it more than me.
Mascara - waste of time. Had to apply about 10 coats to get any kind of definition and colour, could have bought any cheaper Mascara that would have been better! Will not be buying again.
Perfume - I've got no.100 and no.15. Both really different. No.100 I wear everyday in spring, smells like a flower garden, it's beautiful and light. No.15 I wear in the evenings as it's spicy and rich smelling. All her perfumes are long lasting and good for layering too I'm told.

Iamastonished Sat 29-Apr-17 13:36:04

I have never seen the point of toner. I use a hot cloth cleanser and then use a facial wash or gentle soap. I always moisturise afterwards, and have very good skin. Eye creams don't seem to make any difference to me.

gottaloveascamhun Sat 29-Apr-17 19:50:45

m.johnlewis.com/liz-earle-daily-skin-repair-bundle-for-combination-skin-in-love-with-botanicals-collection/p/236816431 is this a good deal? I have a £50 voucher so would spend £50 to get all this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now