Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Loafers or ballet pumps?

(6 Posts)
Lepetitmarsellais Fri 28-Apr-17 22:24:11

For work.

My uniform includes black trousers (our own, I wear slim leg). I've been wearing brogues throughout the winter but need something lighter now. In previous years I've worn ballet pumps but I'm wondering if loafers would look a bit more fashionable?

Lepetitmarsellais Fri 28-Apr-17 22:25:23

I should have mentioned that I don't like wearing heels!

Lucked Fri 28-Apr-17 22:28:28

I find loafers better for work, sturdier with better sole and last longer. I live in them at work.

specialsubject Fri 28-Apr-17 22:54:07

Ballet pumps are really bad for feet and produce a waddle. Obviously you dont want the stagger produced by heels, so a usable half inch heel is the thing.

They are illegal for women though. Must be, none for sale!

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 22:56:32

I think round toe ballet flats do look a bit dated at the moment so I'd go with loafers. Plus they're comfier and a lot more supportive.

FrancisCrawford Fri 28-Apr-17 22:56:54

Agree that ballet pumps are really bad for your feet - recipe for fallen arches.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: