Talk

Advanced search

Need some more help with bloody bra intervention please!

(10 Posts)
pizzagal Fri 28-Apr-17 20:51:33

3rd thread on this topic.... I do apologise! I was looking for a bra guru to support me in my quest to find a proper, well fitting bra. I previously wore a 32A which was loose - I have quite small breasts and am relatively petite and slim.

My measurements:

28 inches underbust
31.5 inches over bust

I was recommended on MN to try 28C or 28D and if not go for a 30B. So off I went to John Lewis (massive lingerie department they've got in my local one). I could find no 28Ds but a few 28Cs, which I tried. The back was fine but the cup too loose by the strap? hmm I tried a 30B, which I thought the back was too loose on and the cup a but small.

Please can someone tell me what size to go for now? Or do I just have very odd boobs?! wink Thanks I'm advance.

pizzagal Fri 28-Apr-17 20:51:54

Meant thanks in advance of course blush

KatharinaRosalie Fri 28-Apr-17 20:58:09

what styles did you try? Were they full cups? With those it's quite common that the top of cup is empty - try some plunges or balconnette bras. If 28 back was fine and 30B cup a little small, I would try 28D. Order a bunch online from a place that does free returns

pizzagal Fri 28-Apr-17 21:14:11

Thanks. They were full cup with lace trim as that's what I've always worn! I'll try some other styles. What shops can you recommend?

KatharinaRosalie Fri 28-Apr-17 21:26:30

Brastop has free delivery at the moment, and free returns www.brastop.com/28D-bras-lingerie-swimwear

Delilah21D00LoT Fri 28-Apr-17 21:31:09

Why didn't you just ask the John Lewis team to measure you, get an accurate size and then they can assist you with bra's - styles and fit.

pizzagal Fri 28-Apr-17 21:53:00

Thanks both.

I thought bra intervention was more accurate than in store though?

Delilah21D00LoT Fri 28-Apr-17 22:32:43

It might well be, but you've tried a variety of sizes that haven't fitted, so, asking in store would be a good next step..

pizzagal Fri 28-Apr-17 23:31:53

I'll get measured smile

Broken11Girl Sat 29-Apr-17 00:22:00

Sounds like 28C or D is right. Remember sizing varies, just as a size 10 in topshop is not the same as in M&S. Style also matters. I second the recommendation of Brastop, would order loads of various styles in those sizes and return the ones that don't work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now