Talk

Advanced search

Anyone tried these Zara Shoes?

(15 Posts)
Rumpoleonthebaileys Fri 28-Apr-17 15:58:26

Hovering over the buy button on these Zara v cut ballerinas but wanted to know if anyone had tried them? I am looking for softy leather like the top shop kick soft ballet flats that will be comfortable. Any opinions? Photo attached!

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 16:04:53

I haven't tried the Zara ones but I do have the red TS kick soft ones and there are indeed very comfy and I find they go with lots. Not that thick a sole though and they are very flat so unlikely I'd be able to walk for miles in them and the Zara ones look the same.

The TS ones are often OOS online but they'd loads in every colour at my local branch if you want to try the store checker option if you haven't already done so.

Rumpoleonthebaileys Fri 28-Apr-17 16:35:38

Thanks Fluffy. Yes red ones OOS on TS but will see if I can get to a store I will try and pick those up. Quite like the gold ones too.

margaritasbythesea Fri 28-Apr-17 16:59:12

I tried them yesterday and I thought they came up small. I also didn't like the fact that they are so soft you can see the form of the outside toes on each foot through the leather. If you don't mind that they were nice.

Theycalledmethewildrose Fri 28-Apr-17 17:07:27

I bought and returned the TS ones after seeing a blogger rave about them. The size 6 was too big and size 5 too small. I also thought they looked very cheap.

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 17:37:52

Was the blogger My Fashionable 40s wildrose? She really loves those red shoes grin

whitesklyer Fri 28-Apr-17 17:42:09

The words Zara Shoes makes me shudder Rumpole, I've never ever bought a pair I can wear - they all look lovely and are so bang on trend including those red ballet flats, but i swear Zara shoes hurt me even when Im trying them on in store sad

MaQueen Fri 28-Apr-17 17:50:32

I have the TS ones in red, black & gold blush What can I say, I just luffs them. They are incredibly comfy and have had loads of compliments too smile

Must confess it was the Midlife Chic blogger who got me on to them. I essentially buy 90% of everything she recommends have had to start using a second wardrobe, as I have shopped so much recently

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 17:57:17

Ha, you really are addicted MaQueen grin I just have the red ones and I do really like them - they're more unstructured (not sure if that's the word I'm looking for) than normal ballet flats and that's what I wanted for a casual look when I fancied a change from trainers.

MaQueen Fri 28-Apr-17 18:08:25

Tell me about it Fluffy hmm

I have a developing bunion (nice) so these shoes are wonderful, so soft. I have worn the red pair so much that i'm thinking of buying a 2nd back-up pair grin

The gold is nice because it's not too yellowy.

H&M do something fairly similar in black, a gold and a silver (I have the silver), they're not leather but they're more unstructured than normal ballets.

HonorBright Fri 28-Apr-17 18:30:39

I have these shoes.

The leather is very, very soft - so much so that you can see the outline of your toes in them. Very comfortable and they fit like a glove without rubbing. Very thin sole with no support, as you might expect, and rather smooth so potentially lethal on rainy pavements. They won't last long if you need to walk any distance in them.

The shape is PERFECT however and really flattering for a high-vamp shoe. They feel very right when all of my ballet flats are looking very dated.

Theycalledmethewildrose Fri 28-Apr-17 19:04:12

No I saw the TS shoes on my fashionable40s blog. I'm wondering now why all of us in our 40s are drawn to these shoes (or drawn to bloggers) smile

FeralBeryl Fri 28-Apr-17 19:05:55

I love these but I hate shoes that show your toes through the fabric sad

MaQueen Fri 28-Apr-17 19:26:55

Eventhough they are so thin they show the outline of your toes, they still look extremely elegant and make your feet look very elongated and narrow.

I love MyFashionable40s blog, her style is right up my street, and I love that she wears a lot of black and grey smile

I have tried following MidLife Chic too, after it was recommended on here - but I find her style is soooooooo classic that it's actually a tad too frumpy and Mummsy looking. She dresses like my Mum (and my Mum is 74).

Rumpoleonthebaileys Fri 28-Apr-17 19:31:44

That's why I love the style and beauty board - you are awesome. Thanks for the advice all. Answered in the time it took to feed and bath my two. I am ordering another embroidered blouse from Zara I don't need so will give them a try. Saves me a trip to TS and they look enough like the Martiniano glove shoe that I can't afford. Need a v cut shoe thread - they are really flattering.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now