Talk

Advanced search

18 - 20 degrees what to pack for weekend away?

(15 Posts)
FritzyMousey Fri 28-Apr-17 13:35:16

Anyone fancy helping me with a capsule wardrobe? I am terrible for judging temperatures and I really feel the cold, at this rate I will end up packing my whole summer and winter wardrobe as I just can't picture how warm 18-20 degrees is! Cardis? Light jackets? Jeans or dresses? Sandals or trainers? Please help!

burnishedsilver Fri 28-Apr-17 13:53:37

Are you going to a city? If so find a livecam and have a look at what people are wearing.

FritzyMousey Fri 28-Apr-17 13:57:20

Ooh clever idea!

FritzyMousey Fri 28-Apr-17 14:08:27

Puglia in Italy, all the webcams seem to be quite high up so can't see any people. Looks windy though. What does one wear in windy 18 deg?

Swimminguphill Fri 28-Apr-17 14:50:44

Puglia will be sunny whatever the weather forecast says. The Italians will be all bundled up because they are used to 40+ degrees in the summer. I would pack boyfriend jeans or similar, short sleeved t-shirts and jackets/cardis. You need to be able to layer up and down. Fine knits, closed toe shoes, socks for the evening if cold. Sunglasses and scarves you can use to add extra warmth if needed. I would steer clear of dresses/skirts as too in-between the weather wise but would expose my ankles. Hope that helps!

Swimminguphill Fri 28-Apr-17 14:51:31

Sorry sunglasses not for warmth obvs...

Out2pasture Fri 28-Apr-17 14:53:26

18-20C is normal room temperature

burnishedsilver Fri 28-Apr-17 14:54:48

Rome is around the same and its all long sleeves and a few jackets/raincoats.

FritzyMousey Fri 28-Apr-17 16:03:09

Thanks so much that's really helpful, I thought I was being overly cautious thinking I'd need a jacket and closed toes but looks like I'm right! Any advice for how dressy evenings in a fancy restaurant would be?

allegretto Fri 28-Apr-17 16:07:49

Hi - I'm in Italy and it's 18 degrees. grin This week I am mainly wearing trousers, lightweight longsleeve tops / lightweight jumpers, lightweight jacket and shoes (not sandals). I also have a cotton scarf and sunglasses. As the Italians say, you need to dress like an onion at the moment (lots of layers that you can take on or off). Nobody is really in summer dresses and sandals though, except for a few tourists.

FritzyMousey Fri 28-Apr-17 16:15:16

V helpful thankssmile

allegretto Fri 28-Apr-17 16:44:32

And I think you can more or less wear what you like in fancy restaurants - I have never seen a dress code (although maybe the restaurants I go to aren't fancy enough! grin). Also I am in the North, ime people seem to dress up more in the South.

FritzyMousey Fri 28-Apr-17 17:18:23

Thanks for your help, I'm off shopping for a light jacket and maybe some new trainers!

leccybill Fri 28-Apr-17 18:04:46

I've just bought this rather lovely jacket from Dotty Ps, it's warm, and smart (and discounted!)
Monochrome Jacquard Throw On

FritzyMousey Fri 28-Apr-17 18:39:13

That's lovely! I've got one a bit like that but more of a grey tweed, v handy cover up, may look at that one too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now