Talk

Advanced search

Fake tan tips

(3 Posts)
Indigo89 Fri 28-Apr-17 13:29:59

I normally use Cocoa Brown 1hr mousse in summer and for nights out as it's quick and not too dark (I'm very pale). But, I'm getting married this summer and want a professional tan that's flawless. I've not had a spray tan since I was a teenager and they were quite biscuity and orange back then.

Can anyone recommend a salon tan they've had that was not too dark and not the typical fake tan smell?

Any tips for prepping the skin beforehand? I am prone to dry skin patches and open pores confused

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 28-Apr-17 16:47:07

I'm trained in spray tanning. The drill is to exfoliate & hair remove 24 hrs before the tan, avoid moisturiser on the day & deodorant. The salon should put barrier cream on knees, feet, elbows, palms when you're in there plus give you stickey feet protectors.

If your pale try Vani-T tan, la tan rapid, nouveau tan. Rapid tans can be rinsed off after 1-2 hrs so you don't go too dark. Or left on if you want to be darker.

The first rinse off is always just plain water. After that use a sodium lauryl sulphate free shower gel & blot yourself dry before applying oil free body lotion. Oil breaks dha down.

I'm very pale too, St Tropez & Fake bake make me orange, as does Suntana.

Do a trial tan, you never know how a tan will look until you try it.

Indigo89 Fri 28-Apr-17 17:03:31

Fluffy Thanks for all the tips. I'll definitely try beforehand. Guess it's a case of trial and error.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now