Talk

Advanced search

Bloody chin hairs. Face lights?

(10 Posts)
plantsitter Fri 28-Apr-17 12:19:23

Hello

I pluck my beard currently. The light in our bathroom is not great which results in a horrible shock on a sunny day when i look in my car vanity mirror.

Anyone got a good light or mirror with lights that shines as bright as day?!

justwait Fri 28-Apr-17 12:20:51

Tweezerman do a magnifying mirror with a little light attached. It's horrifying but effective. I shave mine now. It's been a revelation

UppityHumpty Fri 28-Apr-17 12:23:09

I get my face waxed monthly - lady threads the chin and under chin hairs because they're too strong to be waxed off blush. I've found that really works. Hair growth has slowed over time

plantsitter Fri 28-Apr-17 12:24:22

Not sure I can bear discussing my beard in an actual shop. I will have a look at the Tweezerman mirror - thanks!

Badcat666 Fri 28-Apr-17 12:35:02

I use a torch and magnifying mirror.... The horror of how many I miss when I try and pluck without my little torch.... shudders

WonderMike Fri 28-Apr-17 12:36:59

You need an LED torch or light, and a magnifying mirror.

123MothergotafleA Fri 28-Apr-17 12:38:32

Electrolysis is ideal ,particularly for those very strong hairs. It's relatively expensive, but well worth it imo.

IntheBenefitTrap Fri 28-Apr-17 12:44:16

I just use the torch on my phone and a magnifying mirror.

bingolittle Fri 28-Apr-17 12:51:21

I use a depilator which includes a good light (not that you really need it, because the depilator will seldom miss a hair anyway).

Highly recommended - very quick and efficient. Hurts a lot the first time and much less thereafter. If you're tweezing anyway, then that's not exactly pain-free either.

plantsitter Fri 28-Apr-17 12:55:47

OK I'm going in with my phone torch - wish me luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now