Talk

Advanced search

'Dress down' wedding outfit

(8 Posts)
PolaDeVeboise Fri 28-Apr-17 12:11:53

Hi ladies, looking for some advice. I am due to attend a relatively informal wedding in May - it's in a hotel, but the bride and groom are bikers. I have bought a (maxi dress, 18, made of chiffon (pic attached shows purple but it's a 'midnight' blue and was looking of ways to rock it in a 'cool' way, rather than 'glamorous', if that makes any sense. Looking for jewellery/headwear/footwear suggestions. Don't want much, do I?

UppityHumpty Fri 28-Apr-17 12:26:39

Leather jacket. Ankle boots/Doc Martins. Statement necklaces that aren't pretty - surprisingly John Lewis do some good ones here. Primark too.

PolaDeVeboise Fri 28-Apr-17 16:11:25

Thanks Uppity, but that's a bit TOO 'down' for me, besides, I own neither!

secondhoneymoon Fri 28-Apr-17 18:19:29

I'm not great at accessorising but love that dress. Could I ask where it's from please?
I'd go for a bracelet and statement earrings.

NeverTalksToStrangers Fri 28-Apr-17 18:47:19

I wouldn't veer too far from your usual style.

Not knowing what that is I'd suggest flat beaded sandals of some sort and a flower in your hair in a contrasting colour. Or do that hair where its sleeked back at the sides and volume on top.

Bag wise i wouldn't go with a clutch anyway. Too chic. Something with a strap.

Not too matchy matchy but eclectic a bit. A jacket could help but it would probably be very hard to find the right one.

PolaDeVeboise Fri 28-Apr-17 19:14:03

Second Honeymoon, its from Scarlett & Jo. Never bought anything from them, but I'm well impressed, it's gorgeous in the flesh.

I thought that too Never re jacket - a difficult one - may have to do the pashmina thing, but then that's really weddingy!

Pipachi Sat 29-Apr-17 00:27:27

This necklace would give the dress a completely different, cool vibe:

www.parfois.com/en/collection/gipsy-lust-necklace/?id=51&idp=200133

PolaDeVeboise Sat 29-Apr-17 17:22:02

A friend has suggested black suede ankle boots and black jewellery. Think I'm going to go with that, but thanks for all the suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now