Talk

Advanced search

Thoughts on this Jigsaw bag?

(14 Posts)
Swimminguphill Fri 28-Apr-17 12:01:42

I am coveting this bag for my birthday present to myself - in the tan. But also considering it's big sister. My questions are:
1. What do you think of it in general?
2. Big or small?
3. Is it good value, are there better ones out there?

I am looking for tan, minimalist, cross body, with zip.

Thanks in advance smile

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 12:11:41

The smaller bag would be too small for me and doesn't look very substantial or like it would fit very much. More like a purse rather than a £100 bag. I like the big sister version and think it would be worth the price.

The APC half moon bag sprung to mind as an alternative and is my current bag lust.

Swimminguphill Fri 28-Apr-17 12:12:50

Have you seen it for real? Is it quite stiff? Also c £400???!

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 12:17:04

I found it for £279 so about £100 more than the Jigsaw one. It does look more of a stiffer leather than the Jigsaw one.

Leviticus Fri 28-Apr-17 12:18:05

I'm in the big bag camp. It's very nice. I've had a few jigsaw bags and I think they're very well made so I'd say it's worth the money if you love it.

Swimminguphill Fri 28-Apr-17 12:18:58

Where Fluffybathtowel?? It looks out of stock everywhere now I check...

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 12:24:08

It was on shopstyle at that price but yes, is OOS now.

The cheapest I've found in stock is £315 but have only had a very quick look. Seems it's also known as the Demi Luna bag which might widen price search options.

m.coggles.com/womens-bags/a.p.c.-women-s-demi-lune-cross-body-bag-nut-brown/11325882.html

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 12:24:57

Though the big Jigsaw one is lovely and looks more of a 'buttery' soft leather

petitdonkey Fri 28-Apr-17 12:27:39

this bag is amazing - I have the taupe colour and a friend has the red but no tan if that is what you are fixed on.... It fits so much in and is lovely leather.

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 12:33:22

This? Buckle fastening rather than zip though. They also do a larger one for approx £30 more and currently have a 10% off first order code.

I have it in red but it's not a soft leather, it is quite stiff.

www.cambridgesatchel.com/en-gb/cross-body-bags/the-saddle-bag-in-leather/SDLNA1001BBH10101.html?cgid=cross-body-bags#!#next

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 12:34:12

Link again:

www.cambridgesatchel.com/en-gb/cross-body-bags/the-saddle-bag-in-leather/SDLNA1001BBH10101.html?cgid=cross-body-bags

pardrej Fri 28-Apr-17 12:35:35

I lovvvve jigsaw leather goods. I don't intend it but practically all of my bits are from there.

BeaLola Fri 28-Apr-17 12:42:20

I like it a lot - of the two without seeing would go for larger version.

I have 3 bags from Jigsaw and all have been great quality.

My suggestion is to buy both - and return the one that after seeing you prefer least. I think they do free return s?

Swimminguphill Fri 28-Apr-17 13:27:06

Thanks everyone, what a clutch of lovely bags to look at! I will go in store I think as I want to see the thing in person. Am quite tempted by the Cambridge one actually but worry the buckle will be impractical esp on my commute. I like that the ones suggested are a bit deeper than the Jigsaw one which is my only concern as if I fill it up I don't want it to bulge out of shape. I do think/hope Jigsaw bags are well made and the tan could age beautifully. I love the idea of light coloured bags but the only one I ever bought got filthy within weeks and I didn't even have kids then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now