Talk

Advanced search

Which foundation brush?

(7 Posts)
turtlewoman Fri 28-Apr-17 11:46:28

I use my fingers to apply foundation at the moment and want to branch out to a more sophisticated application method! What brush do you use?

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 11:56:49

Real Techniques is as good as any of the more expensive ones imo.

I use this one
www.superdrug.com/Real-Techniques/Real-Techniques-Expert-Face-Brush/p/636652

They also do this
www.superdrug.com/Real-Techniques/Real-Techniques-Foundation-Brush/p/553260

wren23091 Fri 28-Apr-17 12:14:18

Depends on the texture of your foundation smile but a duo-fibre brush (NYX does some fab ones) gives good blending and doesn't soak up too much product. Then if you want fuller coverage, maybe a densely-packed bluffing brush to blur around the edges, or to bluff in your concealer or what have you.
Having said all that, I was speaking with one of the assistants at MAC the other day, who said that fingers are one of her preferred ways of applying foundation, so maybe it's more sophisticated than it seems!wink

FluffyBathTowel Fri 28-Apr-17 12:28:09

Even with a brush I have to finish off with fingers for a perfect blend. Unless my technique is shite grin

homebythesea Fri 28-Apr-17 13:37:00

The biggest one of these is the absolute best brush I have ever used for foundation - honestly worth buying the whole set just for it (although I do use some of the smaller ones for concealer etc). The size means that it is really quick and so fewer strokes to leave brushmarks required (if that makes sense!) I dot foundation on face then blend it in rather than putting product directly on the brush

www.amazon.co.uk/Start-Makers-Professional-Foundation-Toothbrush/dp/B01CQQ5ZO6/ref=sr_1_17_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1493382843&sr=1-17&keywords=makeup+brushes&tag=mumsnetforum-21

PutThatPomBearBack Fri 28-Apr-17 17:31:38

Ive just everything under the sun from Mac to sigma and real techniques and I can honestly say the Morphe buffing brush is incredible!

Destinysdaughter Fri 28-Apr-17 21:30:42

Although I think good eyeshadow brushes are important, I can honestly say, using my fingers is as good as any foundation brush I've used. I find with brushes, the foundation just sits on top of my skin, whereas with my fingers I can get it to sink in properly. Unless I'm doing it wrong! Also, they waste a lot of product.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now