Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a striking dress to wear to a wedding - please help!

(12 Posts)
Jellylorum Fri 28-Apr-17 09:04:34

I've recently had my third baby so confidence not so high, but would love to find a great dress with a bit of a wow factor for a summer wedding. I'm 5'9 and size 12 with broad shoulders and small hips, so preferably something with a bit of a waist and flattering over the stomach. Can anyone help?

Jellylorum Fri 28-Apr-17 09:05:09

Should say I'm 34 in case that's relevant!

Trills Fri 28-Apr-17 09:08:07

34 is not relevant smile

What colours do you like?

Do you have a preference for sleeves/no sleeves?

Do you feel strongly about straight vs A-line skirts?

Jellylorum Fri 28-Apr-17 09:12:33

I've got pale skin and reddish hair, so I usually prefer greens, blues and browns, but would consider paler colours given it's for a wedding. I prefer sleeves but would wear a cardigan or wrap over something sleeveless. A-line seems to look better, ideally finishing just below the knee.

Semaphorically Fri 28-Apr-17 09:16:07

What's your budget?

Would something like this suit you?

Jellylorum Fri 28-Apr-17 09:18:14

Budget is up to £150 but would happily spend less! Thanks for the suggestion - I think it would make me look top heavy and probably hang off my shoulders. Love the colour though.

PETRONELLAS Fri 28-Apr-17 09:20:10

This isn't below the knee but is very flattering and striking and comfortable. www.coast-stores.com/p/rockafella-print-maxi-dress/1778998

BumbleNova Fri 28-Apr-17 09:22:17

have you had a look at Chi Chi clothing? they have some lovely occasion dresses and generally in a-line shapes.
www.chichiclothing.com/products/Chi-Chi-Norma-Dress.html
www.chichiclothing.com/products/Chi-Chi-Isla-Dress.html
www.chichiclothing.com/products/Chi-Chi-Amber-Dress.html

I've ordered from the site before, the dresses are good quality.

Semaphorically Fri 28-Apr-17 09:24:16

No sleeves, but a lovely colour?

FauxFox Fri 28-Apr-17 09:27:31

jade
floral
embellished green
gorgeous green

Semaphorically Fri 28-Apr-17 09:29:19

Floral?

Jellylorum Fri 28-Apr-17 09:36:58

I really like some of these and great to have suggestions for companies I've never heard of. I'll have a good look through. I prefer a v-neck to a high neck and don't seem to be able to carry off a midi length very well but will perhaps try a few on and see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now