Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention advice

(7 Posts)
Cubik Thu 27-Apr-17 13:56:37

I am a 29-30, and have just ordered some 30 inch bras having read the bra intervention threads.

Compared to my old bras they feel uncomfortably tight, and despite being fairly slim i have spectacular bulges under my armpits. It's definitely not breast tissue​, just fat squeezed over.

From what I've ​read size 30 is about right, I'm a size 8 and measured 29.5. I ordered the bras in a variety of cup sizes, but all 30 inches.

I had planned to send them all back VB and try 32 inches but if they tend to loosen up I might hold onto them. The cups fit beautifully.

KatharinaRosalie Thu 27-Apr-17 13:59:55

have you scooped? Try to pull all the tissue from under the armpits into the cups.

MissMuppets Thu 27-Apr-17 14:37:06

Are you me ? smile

I've just posted exactly the same question and measure the same.
The underarm bulges are annoying to say the least. It's def not breast tissue - just fat.

I find a bigger back just means the shoulder straps slip off.

Cubik Thu 27-Apr-17 14:48:01

Not just me then!
It's definitely not breast tissue. I can see the scrawny little boobs in their entirety when i bend forward. It's a rather depressing sight!

MissMuppets Thu 27-Apr-17 15:21:50

I'd like a 31 back in an ideal world.

If you are fastening the bras on the last hook (never sure which is first or last, but the loosest one) then they should stretch with wear and washing. A bit.
My mum was measured at Bravissimo as a 30FF but she wasn't having any of it ( she's 89.) she's stuck with her 34E . she found the 30s too tight in the back.

OlafLovesAnna Sat 29-Apr-17 13:47:16

I had similar- I measured myself (32 around the ribs then 39 across the nips!) so I went to Marks and tried 32e and f which felt comfortable if snug and looked good in the cup.

The backfat though! It looked so awful I was put off buying anything at all. Have I calculated it all wrong is does that just happen with smaller bands?

MamehaSan Sun 30-Apr-17 16:34:07

Bumping this for you as I'm wondering the same thing myself smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now