Talk

Advanced search

Which necklace with this dress please?

(11 Posts)
CDAlady Thu 27-Apr-17 08:13:09

I am wearing this dress to a wedding in June. The wedding won't be very formal i.e. Probably no hats etc.

I think a necklace is called for but I'm a jewellery dunce and don't know what would work. I'm also not sure about metal type. If I chose a metal necklace I guess silver would be better with red, but I think gold/rose gold suits me more.

Any suggestions?

CDAlady Thu 27-Apr-17 08:15:39

I'm looking for suggestions for types of necklace eg. Chunky, fine, pendant, gold as much as particular ones.

user0208 Thu 27-Apr-17 08:29:05

Personally I'd avoid a necklace as the neck line looks too high and I'd be worried about it catching on the delicate lace.

Instead I'd opt for some nice silver earrings and bracelet.

CDAlady Thu 27-Apr-17 08:58:26

Ah yes I didn't think about necklaces catching on lace. So perhaps eye catching earrings and bracelet. Do you think gold/rise gold would clash?

CDAlady Thu 27-Apr-17 09:01:50

What about a chunky beads on thread kind of necklace? That would not catch. But does it look odd to wear a necklace over quite a high neck dress?

BounceBounceSplishSplash Thu 27-Apr-17 09:24:32

I don't think a necklace would look right either due to the high neck with lace. You might be better going for statement earrings or a bracelet instead.

Sorry, but I don't think chunky bears would go with the style of dress at all.

Do you wear earrings?

CDAlady Thu 27-Apr-17 10:04:56

Thanks for the replies. I wear earrings yes. Would gold/rose gold look wrong?

honeylou42 Thu 27-Apr-17 11:49:12

No necklace smile

BounceBounceSplishSplash Thu 27-Apr-17 12:09:51

I think gold would go better with red than rose gold or silver.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Thu 27-Apr-17 12:20:30

It depends what colour shoes you're wearing but I think black accessories would go too like these earrings . Big or tassle earrings are very 'on trend' (hate that phrase) at the mo.

CDAlady Thu 27-Apr-17 13:44:19

Ah black. That's a good idea. I was thinking about a black bolero because the sleeves are short.

Thanks for all the replies. I really appreciate them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now