Talk

Advanced search

Urgent wedding heels question!

(9 Posts)
organixeveryday Thu 27-Apr-17 08:07:44

So I bought these peep toe heels from Russell and Bromley and haven't got round to wearing them in/wearing them at all in the 4 months I've had them and wedding is this Saturday!
Basically even though they are my size (5) my heel slips out at the back and my toes get swished downwards towards the peep toe bit which is extremely difficult to walk in, and uncomfortable.

What are my options to make it a bit more bearable ?
Thanks!!

CMOTDibbler Thu 27-Apr-17 08:43:11

Sticky gel pads - they'll stop your foot slipping down. Clean the footbed of your shoes beforehand and then press the pad on - those party feet things of similar.
Then add a heel grip on the back to stop it coming off

organixeveryday Thu 27-Apr-17 08:44:05

Can I get all those in tkmaxx/ boots ?

Paffle Thu 27-Apr-17 08:47:07

Boots yes I'd have thought so.

CMOTDibbler Thu 27-Apr-17 09:01:45

Yes, you'll find them in Boots - usually near the pharmacy with the foot stuff

specialsubject Thu 27-Apr-17 09:14:06

Chuck and buy some shoes fit for purpose! Those don't fit and are a shit design.

Painful feet on what is supposed to be a happy day? What memories do you want? And it will show on your face, models always look awful in photos due to discomfort. If you have a long dress you could wear trainers.

organixeveryday Thu 27-Apr-17 12:15:56

Oh it's not me getting married , I'm just a guest but it is a close relative getting married.

I'm going to try those heel
Inserts

BounceBounceSplishSplash Thu 27-Apr-17 12:23:46

If your heel slips out at back I'd get silicone heel grips as well as the party feet pads. Boots sell both I think.

specialsubject Thu 27-Apr-17 13:02:51

Still crap shoes though. Hope you can find something usable ,it is difficult as fugly staggerers are now pretty much compulsory

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now